Is it possible to assign a different animation other than run in speeding bullet

Started by Jimaras8, May 20, 2020, 09:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Maybe missing textures?

Or maybe the bounding box or something is showing?

Jimaras8

Jimaras8

So i bumped this thread cause i'm really determined to solve this issue sinc ei'm cleaning the latest version of the expansion and i want to solve lingering issues.

Does anyone know how i can extract an animation and turn it into an fx? This is the basis of what Bearded was talking about and it seems to be the best solution.

stumpy

I don't have any useful knowledge about extracting animations as FX. But, I might suggest starting this as a topic in the FX forum (or possibly Meshes or Hex Editing) so that someone with the right experience might see it.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

detourne_me

I'm trying to remember what I did to get these nifs.
I took the standard mesh, and then pasted in the keyframes from a specific animation into the character.nif itself
I made sure that the keyframes were looping.
Then I exported it as a core.nif to be used for FX.
There might have been a texturing issue since the way how FX look for textures is different than character meshes.

I don't have any of these files anymore, so i couldnt check to be certain. But, if you open up an FX file in Nifskope with baked in keyframes (like one of the skeleton or golem direct attacks), you can see where the NiKeyframeController and other related keyframe information is located in the file. Only one animation can be attached to the mesh to animate it for Freedom Force. So you would have to take all of the keyframe information for Run_2 and paste it in somewhere.

detourne_me

Quote from: spydermann93 on June 08, 2020, 03:02:11 PM
Maybe missing textures?

Or maybe the bounding box or something is showing?
Couldve been the bounding box, yeah!