News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

A couple of keyframes questions

Started by Jimaras8, April 26, 2020, 09:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

I'm looking to add a couple more hand animations to dagger_AA, mainly a couple hand animations for a beam attack since she only has one. Is it possible to do that? I have the m25 kyframe tool but i dont think it will be that easy to just transfer them from one mesh to another. For reference AA used those skopes: Mesh Skoped From:
Ink: JeanGrey_2, Blink,
Grenadier: FVE_Phobia_Gren

The second question involves ghost_rider_dm, the Johnny Blaze version. He has a run_2 animation that involves his bike and i want to use it for a speeding bullet power. Unfortunately when i assign run_2 on FFEdit on the speeding bullet power in-game he still uses his default run one. The only way to make the bike appear is with a tumble power but i aloso want the charging one for variety. Is there any way to make his bike appear in a special speeding bullet power?

Jimaras8

Also, is there a possible way to alter the nod of a keyframe? Let's say that dagger's special_2 attack launches an fx from the bottom instead of the weapon node, can i change that?

SickAlice

I'm the amateur here and employ cheap tricks but mine in this case, in fact using it for something I'm working on now is to copy ranged and rename them then extend the time duration of the animations, specifically the part where the "release/throw" is happening. It's a bit of a tedious process since you have to adjust the times for every string in the animation and for everything related to the arm that throws it get the calculator out and make it all conformed but it's a way to do it regardless. Else find a matching nif with ranged keys you like, especially if that nif has several parts on it thus already has free slots to just change to the new piece/string name rather than adding them to it. The fast track to know if the nifs animations work is just to copy the entire body node, be it female_basic or whatever from the other nif to the one you're working with. If the pasted in model matches up and does not deform you've found a match.