DC Extended Universe

Started by HarryTrotter, December 16, 2015, 07:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnkoMan

Ghost,

Spoiler
Do you mean with Peacemaker? I guess it's on account of those three being in the upcoming Peacemaker series. My brother worked on this and says it's going to be a hoot.
Before the credits scene I had assumed it was going to be a prequel and, honestly, I'd have liked that.

Got me with the Rick Flag fakeout. I had REALLY hoped Flag would live after this movie.

Silver Shocker

I had the same thoughts on that. I didn't realize that that was who those two other people were. Good to know.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

docdelorean88

I definitely mimick what everyone is saying, no prior knowledge needed. The villain is a freaking dream come true, like, I didn't know if we'd ever see *insert villain* on the big screen, let alone in this age of dc movies/uncertainty, but my god it is a thing of beauty. Lots of over the top cartoons gore, but as mentioned above the tone and levity this movie has regarding itself manages to tone down gore.

Viola Davis gets the script and screen time she deserved for Waller the first time around. I was very excited whenever her scenes came up, because you love to hate Waller.

I'm just reiterating everything thats already been said, but being hesitant of not just the characters picked but not knowing anything about the plot, I was more than pleasantly surprised by just how much I enjoyed it
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

HarryTrotter

We had an announcement for DCEU by James Gunn. Creature Commandos and The Authority seem like Gunn projects. Him taking an obscure comic group and just doing whatever with it worked before. Everything else, I'm not sure how it's supposed to work. Superman is young and just comming to Metropolis,Batman already has a 10 y.o. son,there were other superheros before...idk how they will connect all this.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

gengoro

^They should just keep it all separate instead of trying to do the Marvel formula. Joker and all the Batman films are all highly regarded and not interconnected.

UnkoMan

I do agree with that. Just do a bunch of decent but separate things.
And like, give little crossover cameos if you want, whatever, but no need to tie everything into one big overarching plot.

This will stop things from having the Marvel feel of everything is a commercial for the next thing.

Anyhow, we'll see what happens. Peacemaker was a pretty fun (if gory and adult) series though!

HarryTrotter

Oh yeah,and before we actually get to that rebooted Gunn universe,we have some leftovers from the current one. Including a movie where Ezra Miller plays 2 versions of Barry Allen.

And hey, it's awesome that Michael Keaton is back as Batman, but they picked the wrong movie to throw him in.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

UnkoMan

Batgirl looked like it would have been pretty cool actually, ha ha ha.
With Keaton as Batman AND Brendan Frasier as Firefly!