Alex's Freedom Fortress [2022-06-04] Twenty Years baby!

Started by abenavides, May 19, 2014, 02:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanjo2000

20 years and still going strong. Beautiful stuff and I?m grabbing all of them. Thank you.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

WyldFyre

Congratulations on 20 years strong!!! Here's to 20 more!!!
For Freedom!

Podmark

Congrats on 20 years Alex! Always been a big fan of the fortress.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

naitvalis

A marvelous achievement Alex! And an enormous source of material for all the  :ff: lovers.
Thank you man!

SickAlice

20 years of service and we are thankful for it. And your skins look great, you know what you're doing.

oktokels

Congratulations on your 20th birthday, your webpage is a classic, and one of the first i found when entering the  :ffvstr: modding community.
Here's for many years more.  :thumbup:

Borgaster

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away i discover this website. I thought at the same time: I'm dreaming? A lot of characters for DC and Marvel and mods too for a game? Finally i discovered Freedom Force , this forum and the people creating characters, mods, tools and lot of pages too. Now, compare a game of Marvel or DC for Android for example with a mod for Freedom Force. The mods for Freedom Force has voices, animations and jobs of geniuses. The games for Android of DC and Marvel are ridiculous and they shutdown these games in few years. Congratulations because you're the true hero here for never give up and never shutdown this website. And the "normal" games? For every ten people that i see on the internet one person praise and nine say to boycott these games. If Marvel and Warner hire the modders of this forum this problem will disappear(Lol).

BentonGrey

20 years, that's amazing!  Alex, your site has meant more to me than I can say.  It is no exaggeration to say that your site, the herofile formulas, and your DC mod, are directly responsible for everything I've created.  Thank you for all that you've given this community!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Borgaster

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 06, 2022, 03:03:32 AM
20 years, that's amazing!  Alex, your site has meant more to me than I can say.  It is no exaggeration to say that your site, the herofile formulas, and your DC mod, are directly responsible for everything I've created.  Thank you for all that you've given this community!

BentonGrey, do you remember the movie with Will Smith(I Am Legend)? Is exactly what you and Alex are. If i pay a good money for you create mods Benton ? This would help you have more time to create mods?

BentonGrey

Haha, why thank you, Borgaster!  Man, I'd love to get paid to create mods, but I would hesitate to take money right now, because I couldn't promise to work any faster.  I have a lot of responsibilities and commitments by which I am bound, and my time for FF is limited.  I have thought about putting a donate button on my site, though, just for anyone who wanted to throw money at me, haha!  :D  I couldn't do a Patreon page or anything, because I couldn't guarantee any kind of return on an investment, but I wouldn't mind it if fans bought me the occasional cup of tea!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

oktokels

Quote from: Borgaster on July 06, 2022, 03:31:24 PMIf i pay a good money for you create mods Benton ? This would help you have more time to create mods?

Hey, if you are willing to pay i can do it lol  :D :D

Borgaster

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 06, 2022, 04:26:51 PM
Haha, why thank you, Borgaster!  Man, I'd love to get paid to create mods, but I would hesitate to take money right now, because I couldn't promise to work any faster.  I have a lot of responsibilities and commitments by which I am bound, and my time for FF is limited.  I have thought about putting a donate button on my site, though, just for anyone who wanted to throw money at me, haha!  :D  I couldn't do a Patreon page or anything, because I couldn't guarantee any kind of return on an investment, but I wouldn't mind it if fans bought me the occasional cup of tea!

Benton, i understand because i has the same problem. Because of it that i never will be time for study and create a good mod for this game. Modders like you are billions away distance of me for create a good mod for this game. But only in this place will be possible with these mods appear good games about DC and Marvel. So I thought to myself : Why not put my money on the guys like you that really understand what is a good game for DC and Marvel ?

Borgaster

Quote from: oktokels on July 06, 2022, 06:32:17 PM
Quote from: Borgaster on July 06, 2022, 03:31:24 PMIf i pay a good money for you create mods Benton ? This would help you have more time to create mods?

Hey, if you are willing to pay i can do it lol  :D :D

Hello oktokels, how are you ? Yes, i pay, but, ok, let's start for the game of my dreams. A game about Superman with all characters of Multiverse, all actors of the Movies and Series. Is better than this mod be standalone(The game with the mod), So, a total conversion of the game. If you do it i wiil transform you in a billionaire(Lol). You accept?

BentonGrey

Quote from: Borgaster on July 06, 2022, 07:48:29 PM
Benton, i understand because i has the same problem. Because of it that i never will be time for study and create a good mod for this game. Modders like you are billions away distance of me for create a good mod for this game. But only in this place will be possible with these mods appear good games about DC and Marvel. So I thought to myself : Why not put my money on the guys like you that really understand what is a good game for DC and Marvel ?

Well, I really appreciate your faith in me, Borgaster.  But I can promise you, money or no money, I'll keep modding.  :)
God Bless

oktokels

Quote from: Borgaster on July 06, 2022, 07:54:07 PMIf you do it i wiil transform you in a billionaire(Lol). You accept?

Nah dude, i'm not doing this for money, i'm doing this because it makes me happy  :D :D
But maybe later if i'm out of cash, unemployed and have more time available I'll contact you.
For now, maybe there is someone else who has more needs and more modding knowledge than me who can help you.
Or maybe you can spend some time studying modding techniques so you can make the game of your dreams come true. I bet this community will be willing to contribute with their knowledge.
Cheers  :thumbup:

Borgaster

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 06, 2022, 09:58:54 PM
Quote from: Borgaster on July 06, 2022, 07:48:29 PM

Well, I really appreciate your faith in me, Borgaster.  But I can promise you, money or no money, I'll keep modding.  :)

Yes, Benton, i agree, Aquaman inspired your life and Superman my life. I started to practice martial arts since i was a child because of Superman, i did my best to be a better person because of Superman and finally i found a spiritual philosophy calling Gnosis(that believe in Jesus) for try be Superman(Lol). But i love Aquaman too, i love Captain Marvel(Shazam) and i love all characters of DC Universe. But Aquaman don't deserve a good game for him too? But for the Modern Warner(i say Modern) only exist Batman and now Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. This is a Blasphemy(Lol).

Borgaster

Quote from: oktokels on July 06, 2022, 10:33:52 PM
Quote from: Borgaster on July 06, 2022, 07:54:07 PMIf you do it i wiil transform you in a billionaire(Lol). You accept?

Nah dude, i'm not doing this for money, i'm doing this because it makes me happy  :D :D
But maybe later if i'm out of cash, unemployed and have more time available I'll contact you.
For now, maybe there is someone else who has more needs and more modding knowledge than me who can help you.
Or maybe you can spend some time studying modding techniques so you can make the game of your dreams come true. I bet this community will be willing to contribute with their knowledge.
Cheers  :thumbup:

oktokels , thanks anyway, i will not give up because this is a matter of honor and personal(Lol). The best Animation that i watched was Justice League and Justice League Unlimited(this in the case of DC) that was amazing like any good japanese anime. Warner missed the chance to win millions for don't create a game for this animation. Have a great week !

BentonGrey

Quote from: Borgaster on July 07, 2022, 12:29:48 PM
Yes, Benton, i agree, Aquaman inspired your life and Superman my life. I started to practice martial arts since i was a child because of Superman, i did my best to be a better person because of Superman and finally i found a spiritual philosophy calling Gnosis(that believe in Jesus) for try be Superman(Lol). But i love Aquaman too, i love Captain Marvel(Shazam) and i love all characters of DC Universe. But Aquaman don't deserve a good game for him too? But for the Modern Warner(i say Modern) only exist Batman and now Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. This is a Blasphemy(Lol).

That's an interesting path to faith, Borgaster, though I imagine not completely unusual.  Very cool. 

Yeah, Aquaman definitely deserves a good game, though I would hate to see what the modern masters would make for him.  There was a fairly bad game for the XBox once, years ago now. 
God Bless

Borgaster

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 07, 2022, 04:13:57 PM
Quote from: Borgaster on July 07, 2022, 12:29:48 PM

That's an interesting path to faith, Borgaster, though I imagine not completely unusual.  Very cool. 

Yeah, Aquaman definitely deserves a good game, though I would hate to see what the modern masters would make for him.  There was a fairly bad game for the XBox once, years ago now.

Benton, the problem is that good or not they in the past made different games. But, i agree, bad games,  maybe only save Justice League Heroes and Injustice 1 & 2. The problem is not DC but these guys of Modern Warner that don't has IQ. The case of new game Gi Joe Operation Blackout(GameMill), good game that is possible play with Gi Joe or Cobra. Jedi Academy and Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (Classic, 2005) never will die because good modders are creating total conversions for these games and put all characters of Star Wars Universe. An example of a japanese game that never will need one single mod : Saint Seiya: Soldiers Soul, this game has all sagas of the anime, all characters for unlock and mode VS inclusive with CPU x CPU. Because of the tools, mods, and a lot of characters created is possible make the same thing with Freedom Force. I'm registered in your channel of Youtube and in your Page. Don't is the case to the modders of this forum create channels for show the mods, the pages and attract the people for this forum ? Has a lot of people that don't know that Freedom Force exist.

hmarrs

SickAlice

If I could be a pest once more, I find I'm getting results in this thread. I've resolved most of all installation issues now except one which is generating language files. I've used various settings, that is changing the spaces within the speech txt, pointing to level up directories and having the sounds within a named folder or not to not avail. Everything is where it should be and everything is set-up as it should be in the Editor. I note that I am not new to this, that seems to come up for some reason or another? I've been with you working on this stuff since the first game came out, before Nifskope existed and when one version of Max was the only tool available to make nifs with. I've added voices and sounds without any problem over the course of a decade easily. All this only started as of this new laptop, OS and Steam version of the game. Assume the settings are as they are standard. Security has been enabled for all files and folders as well. A generic error message pings back with no description as to why it is when I attempt to generate language files. No voice is present in game either in spite of being assigned. TY to anyone who can crack the case.

eluvium

Quote from: abenavides on May 19, 2014, 02:55:43 AM
Back in the early days of FF, we didn't have no fancy-pants FFX to spice up our mods. We had a dozen FX maybe! And we typed in every power for every hero into FFEDIT with our bare fingers - and we walked 5 miles in the snow to find the right mesh - and 80% of the time the right mesh was male_basic!

Return with me now to those thrilling days of FF innovation with a blast from the past - the legendary Super Powers Mod by Fatal_T and The Four-Eyed Avenger!

I had this on my backup drive and after checking with The Four-Eyed one himself, I took it upon myself to combine the various installers and patches into a single complete package. I also fixed an issue with certain levels that needed maps that only came with the original FF editor.

A true classic, this is one of the first DC Mods, but still among my favorites - the "Bat's In The Cradle" episode still inspires. I remember congratulating Fatal_T and Four-Eyed Avenger on their great achievement when it came out. I kind of always felt this occurs in a shared universe with my own JLA Mod as we both used a lot of the same meshes/skins and my own hero "recipes" were used as the basis for some heroes.

I'm glad we can all once again enjoy this great adventure! Grab it now on the Mods page.

to which DC mod is he referring in this

abenavides

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

cmdrkoenig67

Bravo on twenty years of the Freedom Fortress, Alex (and to the other folks whose work resides there)!

Dana

UnkoMan

Hey, I don't come around often anymore, but I wanted to say congrats to this! Your website was one of the first I'd ever seen, and it got me into skinning in the first place.
Thank you so much for your efforts!

eluvium