News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Shadowrun Returns

Started by detourne_me, August 02, 2013, 10:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

Has anyone played this yet?
I'm really thrilled,  actually i spent 13 hours yesterday playing the initial campaign and a few mods.  It looks like this game will be a modder's paradise.
The coolest thing is that you can import you characters into the mods, and they have a kind of persistent levelling up system...meaning that i've been importing my character into different mods after they are complete.  it's pretty cool.
The mods themselves seem pretty episodic, which I love.

Talavar

Yeah, it's been a great, retro-gaming experience.  The main campaign, while not the longest thing in the world, was pretty well done, too.  Definitely worth the 20 bucks.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I kickstarted it, so I have it, but haven't played it yet.  Definitely looking forward to it, though.  There's a second city coming out in DLC sometime in the near future too.  Backers like me will get it for free, but it will be available for everyone else to purchase if you really want more adventuring.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Deaths Jester

Which version of the game is it based off of?  Am very interested in this because I loved FASA's Shadowrun!!  Also can it be got from someplace other than Steam?  Not the most happiest with using Steam lately.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

It's a Steam exclusive unless you were a Kickstarter backer, then you get a very limited non DRM downloadable that won't work with any future DLC.  Apparently FASA or whoever owns it now insisted on DRM as part of the license, so Steam it is.

lugaru

Did not kickstart it but I got it through steam, my friend did though.

Have not booted it up yet since I know it is going to eat my time up, but I will get around to it once more mods and goodies are out there.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on August 06, 2013, 12:38:48 AM
It's a Steam exclusive unless you were a Kickstarter backer, then you get a very limited non DRM downloadable that won't work with any future DLC.  Apparently FASA or whoever owns it now insisted on DRM as part of the license, so Steam it is.

Rrrrr...bloody DRM..
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yeah, it was either DRM, or no Shadowrun license.  Steam is not as bad as some forms of DRM, but I can understand some folks not liking it.

BentonGrey

Bah, that is frustrating. 

As for the game itself, though, this has certainly piqued my interest.  I'm keeping an eye on it, though I haven't gotten it yet.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

simrhino

Shadowrun Returns is available DRM-free on http://www.gog.com, which happens to also be where I just discovered  :ffvstr: based on a recommendation in the forums and the fact that it was on sale for $1.99 during the winter sale.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yes, in the months since the last post, they re-negotiated the license, so it's now available DRM free for everyone.