News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

teleportation

Started by Xenolith, June 22, 2010, 02:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenolith

I have noticed a problem where a melee character will teleport onto the same point a ranged combat character is located and the result is both characters "lock up."  It doesn't happen with two melee characters, or at least that I've seen.  Any thoughts on this?  I know I should post a script log, or something like that, but I don't know where that is located.  Thanks!

TrajkLogik

Yes this is a common issue. I fixed the AI to make him teleport next to the target instead in the exact same location. I also added a tactic that allows the character to teleport to a random location rather than just towards and away from a target. It's all part of that mod I've been working on... ;)

nrozich

Quote from: TrajkLogik on June 23, 2010, 03:23:38 PM
Yes this is a common issue. I fixed the AI to make him teleport next to the target instead in the exact same location. I also added a tactic that allows the character to teleport to a random location rather than just towards and away from a target. It's all part of that mod I've been working on... ;)

I'm assuming this fix was never released.  Very unfortunate, this bug really screws up the ai

oktokels

Anybody know how to fix this???

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

oktokels

i found a solution:

you have to open the m25AI file, and write in the line of the teleportation power:

Quotetype='any',subtype=['object','nearenemy'],mindist=300

....that way the char will teleport to the farest object that is nearest to the enemies.

hope it helps  :thumbup: