News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Heading for my first 40...

Started by Alaric, May 19, 2010, 11:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric

I have severe alt-itis. I've actually spent money- more than I should have- to give myself more character slots. I'm not going to tell you how many characters I have- it's kind of embarrassing- and I actually enjoy playing ALL of them.

Fairly recently, it occurred to me that if I could concentrate on leveling one character at a time, I could earn character slots without spending money- as well as getting to experience higher-level content before, say, next decade. I considered concentrating on the Verdant Vowel first- at the time, he was my highest-level character, and he's more-or-less my "main"- but he's got an... interesting build, which is fun, but can also be challenging. Anyway, I figured maybe I'd try some other characters first.

So, I decided I'd do the obvious thing, and level my characters to 40 in the order that I created them. My oldest existing character is Brain Boy- the child genius with the home-made costume- (though he wasn't my first character- that one got deleted a while back...), so I've been focusing on him (it's a sign of just how bad my alt-itis is that I've actually created several new characters during the time I've been concentrating on Brain Boy...). He's a pure gadget character- not a single power from any other set- and as a sort of personal game I've been giving him equipment based primarily on increasing his Intelligence attribute, which is just a few points short of 300 right now... Given all of that, he's surprisingly effective, usually blasting through groups of +3s easily without any trouble, soloing higher-level super-villains amazingly quickly, etc. Actually, I'm getting kind of bored with him- the only thing that really makes his battles interesting is his lack of any kind of passive defense, and even there it's usually pretty easy to make sure I activate the right powers at the right moments to keep him from dying (except when his main defensive power starts acting buggy...).

Anyway, none of that's all that important. My reason for posting is, I just got Brain Boy to 39, and I was wondering if any of you would like to join me as I achieve my first 40. For most missions, I usually prefer soloing- it's usually easier to follow the mission stories, which can be fun. However, Brain Boy has several lair-related missions, as well as that taking down Mega-Terak mission, all of which I wouldn't mind having some help for. Also, I'd be happy to help other people with there missions. Personally, I think the most fun things to do with a group are lairs, giant monsters, and open missions, but I'm willing to do whatever people want. My only request is, I know a lot of you like to wear your FS uniforms while teaming with other FS members, but I'd kind of like to see your regualr outfits. So, I'd prefer no uniforms for this.

Anyway, the timing's dependent on when people can actually get together, but I was thinking of spreading it over the next couple of nights (Thursday and Friday)- assuming there are, in fact, people interested. Otherwise, I'll just keep soloing through.
Fear the "A"!!!

lugaru

Quote from: Alaric on May 19, 2010, 11:48:21 PM
I have severe alt-itis. I've actually spent money- more than I should have- to give myself more character slots. I'm not going to tell you how many characters I have- it's kind of embarrassing- and I actually enjoy playing ALL of them.

Same here. I wish the game had more alternate paths so that I dont have to go through the same fazes with all my characters. You know... another 15-25 city would help. Still I've gotten my main up to 32 and I'm pushing for that vibora bay, right now I'm in lemuria.

Also I've finally realized it is best to do quests 2 - 4 levels too high for you, if  you want to advance fast and be challenged. Worse comes to worse you team up with a stranger, even without their consent (start blasting the same stuff he is blasting).

bat1987

I`ll be happy to help you reach 40 Al.
Not sure about friday, but I will be online on thursday so we can do some lairs and stuff then.