Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

installing voice packs

Started by IceStorm, April 15, 2010, 05:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceStorm

Working on doing this, but I can't open ffedit
I get the error message "Standard_e.dll was not found"

Where can I get this file and put it in place so I can finish installing these voicepacks?

EDIT:

Apparently, doing what I could only served to screw up my sound file.
Now I have no speech at all.

Seems using wordpad as my text editor wasn't a good idea for this one as it turned most of the file into indecipherable symbols that the game can't read.

So, does anyone have an unaltered version of the Lang/English/speech.dat file I could get?
If brute force doesn't get the job done, you're not using enough.

John Jr.

IceStorm

:ff:

I actually resolved the issue by copying all the custom stuff I've gotten, then reinstalling the game from Steam.
But in case it happens again, be nice to have a solution.

and I still have the same error with opening ffedit

John Jr.

What's your OS?  :ff: don't get along with more recent versions of Windows.

IceStorm

I'm using XP, but I was led to understand that the version of  :ff: you get from Steam has been updated somewhat so XP is a bit more friendly.

If I install directly from the game CD I have, which I did last week before I remembered Steam had this, I get the usual array of "I can't do that Dave" nonsense from my machine.

John Jr.

I can't get the original FFEdit to work with XP too. Check the "technical" thread, maybe you can find something that helps you. I'm sorry I can't be more useful.
http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?board=10.0

IceStorm

Thanks for trying.  I put up a new thread there, maybe I can get help installing the actual voicepacks after I get this sorted out too.
That'd be nice.