Spooky Maps

Started by UnkoMan, February 10, 2009, 11:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnkoMan

daglob

But WHERE, Unko, WHERE?

UnkoMan

As Stated: http://unkoman.freedomforceforever.com/Eldritchtown.zip

Now there are only two direct links to it on the whole internet.

AfghanAnt

UnkoMan

Again, lemme know if anything is messed up.

daglob

AfghanAnt

The  lighting isn't working for me but everything shows up fine.

UnkoMan

You followed all the install instructions, AA? Could you send me a screenshot of the light object in FFEdit?

Because, man, that's the whole thing here. Gotta get that going.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: UnkoMan on February 12, 2009, 11:26:49 AM
You followed all the install instructions, AA? Could you send me a screenshot of the light object in FFEdit?

Because, man, that's the whole thing here. Gotta get that going.

Yup I followed it (or at least I think I did). I'll try it again. It could be the compatibility issue in Vista.

I miss the park lamp folder and nif. Is that from another map?

laughing paradox

Take your art.ff file, change it to art.zip, go through it and look for the path that shows in the photo provided by Unko.

Take those series of folders and place it in whatever Data folder.. like FFX3, for example, or Data.

Unko, maybe you should write that in your readme file.. I got it, but I can see how others could be confused by that.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: laughing paradox on February 12, 2009, 10:01:09 PM
Take your art.ff file, change it to art.zip, go through it and look for the path that shows in the photo provided by Unko.

Take those series of folders and place it in whatever Data folder.. like FFX3, for example, or Data.

Unko, maybe you should write that in your readme file.. I got it, but I can see how others could be confused by that.

Ah, thanks.

UnkoMan

AA: The actual park lamp is in art\library\area_specific\city\park_objects in the standard Data folder. Buuuttt....

LP: Hmm... Do you need the art.ff unzipped tosee their template in FFEdit?

I guess I am confused too. I had assumed people would be dropping these maps into their Data or FFX folder, which would already have everything set up? Why do you need the park lamp folder AA?

Oh wait. I think I get it. Is it because that's what it links to in the "example nif" part? Maybe! Say, could I just link the example nif to the actual light object itself and then just update the "template" picture? Alternatively, I think you could also just type it in, AA? But I'm not 100% sure.

laughing paradox

The path you showed didn't exist when I did a search for the nif in FFEdit. It doesn't show in the Data folder or the FFX3 folder.

I didn't know that just writing it would work, since the path didn't exist when I looked through my own folders.

There are a lot of things in the art.ff file that doesn't show in folders unless they are unzipped. So that's what had to be done.. but rather than unzip everything, I just took out that one specific pathfile, the city/park_objects/whatever, and placed it in my FFX3 folder.. where it worked accordingly. :)

AfghanAnt

Quote from: UnkoMan on February 12, 2009, 10:17:57 PM
AA: The actual park lamp is in art\library\area_specific\city\park_objects in the standard Data folder. Buuuttt....

LP: Hmm... Do you need the art.ff unzipped tosee their template in FFEdit?

I guess I am confused too. I had assumed people would be dropping these maps into their Data or FFX folder, which would already have everything set up? Why do you need the park lamp folder AA?

Oh wait. I think I get it. Is it because that's what it links to in the "example nif" part? Maybe! Say, could I just link the example nif to the actual light object itself and then just update the "template" picture? Alternatively, I think you could also just type it in, AA? But I'm not 100% sure.

Ah makes sense. I'm going to go fix that now. :)

UnkoMan

I guess I just assumed most people had their ff files unzipped. I did it right after I first installed the game.

Anyhow, I am updating the readme. Hopefully nobody else gets messed up by it.

Let me know if you've got it working AA.

AfghanAnt