News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Taking a short break

Started by Randomdays, August 05, 2026, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomdays

Well, everyone, major problems at home.

Friday before, my wife slipped and fell getting out of bed. She wasn't really hurt, but it threw her schedule off and she did a lot of sleeping that weekend and not eating much.

Monday night things got really bad with her slurring her words, being foggy and unable to stand. Against her wishes I called 911 and they found her blood sugar had dropped to 30 - she is diabetic. If I had waited for her to "sleep it off" I don't think she would have made it as things got worse. They got her back to normal with an IV and some food, and we thought we were good, but then Tuesday it seemed to have come back, though not as bad. Her level had gone back down to 45

We talked to a couple of nurses on the phone and with their advice I took her to the ER yesterday afternoon.

They got her stabilized again but testing found some other problems so she'll be there a few day. I'm going back this afternoon to spend time with her as she's getting some more tests done now and she's very tired.

Hopefully I'll have her home this weekend and we can try to get back to normal, though I'm dreading the bills when they come in.

Well wishes and bags of gold appreciated.

cranlox

What a terrifying situation to go through, but you handled it so well! Calling 911 and getting her to the ER was absolutely the right move—with a blood sugar level of 30, your quick thinking literally saved her life.It makes complete sense that she's exhausted and that they're keeping her admitted for a few days. From what you described, the initial fall, eating so little, and her diabetes medication created a perfect storm for severe, recurring hypoglycemia. Being in the hospital is the best place for her right now so the medical team can run all the necessary tests (blood work, scans to rule out anything from the fall, and adjusting her medication) to pinpoint what caused those drops and get her fully stabilized.She is in good hands right now. Sending you both so much strength and healing thoughts.we're here for whatever you need, and we're hoping for a smooth recovery so you both can get back home safely this weekend.

Best wishes, and I will pray for you and wife.

deanjo2000

Oh man that all just sounds terrible. Hopefully she's on the path to recovery now. Makes you appreciate every day when these things happen. All my prayers and well wishes to her speedy recovery.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

WyldFyre

As a diabetic myself, I know how dangerous low blood sugar can be. Good job getting her to emergency care. I'll keep you in my prayers and wish her a speedy recovery.

Take care and all the time you need.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

BentonGrey

Oh man!  I'm so sorry to hear that, RD!  I hope that your wife will stablizie and recover quickly and that y'all can figure this out and find good solutions.  I know what it's like to face mysteries like that; it can be really maddening and distressing.  I'm really glad you took her to the doctor in the first place!

We'll be praying for y'all.  Take care, and know we're pulling for y'all.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Randomdays

Thanks for all the well wishes.

My wife is back home for a week now and settling in. She's gone from a walker to a cane and mostly walking without either. A total of 7 nights in MCICU.

It took her a while to stabilize and then her BP also crashed to 80/50 the first night so that had to be looked at as well.

They thought there were spots on an MRI, but a second one cleared that up.

On top of everything else, they found her kidney function was reduced. She has a huge kidney stone that would never have passed but never gave any symptoms either. She needed a stint to bypass it and a lot of antibiotics for  the infection it caused.

Next week is three different doctor appointments with an out patient surgery to remove the stint and the kidney stone.

For now, rest, lots of meds, and diet changes.

Calmer and better days ahead I hope.

cranlox

Things can get so complicated sometimes! Perhaps it was all caught in time. Let's trust that everything will work out for the best; we are sending our very best wishes for a speedy and safe recovery. We hope you'll keep us updated—when you have news and the time—on the remaining medical treatments. Medical science is so advanced these days; just have faith, follow the medical instructions step by step, and everything will be fine. Sending you a big hug!

WyldFyre

Ouch!! I hope things get better for the wife soon. That diet is a rough change. Keeping you in thoughts and prayers.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/