It's like a ROLLERCOASTER around here!

Started by Panther_Gunn, September 09, 2023, 09:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panther_Gunn

We're up, we're down, we're up, we're down, we're up!  Wooh!!

Anyone who's dropped by the forums in the past week has likely had an incident when they could not get in.  Stumpy has been working on the issue as best he could.  He's replaced a couple of corrupted files over the past week, and today he finally had the time to reload the site with the newest version of the software.  Everyone keep your fingers crossed that the bug has been eliminated.

As you can see, things look different than usual.  As with previous software version updates, not all of our past customizations were available with this version.  Now that the forums are back up we'll see if we can find a theme that we like from the current options.

Since everyone will need to log into the board again, as a reminder your Login ID is the email address you registered with.  Your password is specific to this site (not your email account password!).  Anyone who has problems remembering their password (ya know, since it may have been a couple of years) feel free to get ahold of one of the Titans or Stumpy.  Guests should still be able to send a PM.  Several of the Titans frequent the FR Discord channel (not directly affiliated with the forums).  My personal email address is also in my Profile, if needed.  Currently I think Stumpy is the only one who can do password resets, so PM'ing him will likely be the fastest route.

Lastly, if you see any weird issues or problems with the site, let us know.  We're aware the links to Freedom Reworn & the Archives are currently down.  I'm sure that will be addressed in due time.

Have fun!
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

cranlox

Thanks to all concerned for the constant efforts to keep this forum current and accessible! My applause and respects! :thumbup:

stumpy

Hopefully, the upgrade to 2.1 will have cleared out any nasty files that were causing us trouble. Time will tell.

There are a couple new Themes one can choose for the new forum. We might have others at some point, too. I am waiting a bit on trying to get the links to the Archive, Freedom Reworn, and the FR Donate back into the mix, as it may require doing some custom tweaking of the theme PHP and I would like to do as much of that as possible all at once.

BTW, I am sort of liking the Pelican theme, though YMMV, of course.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Podmark

Always good to see this place is still around! Thanks for the hard work Stumpy!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Epimethee

Many thanks for the hard work! Debugging server issues is no fun at all.

I like the new theme, which is reasonably mobile-friendly.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Randomdays

I thought things looked different when I dropped by today. Glad to hear the site is still alive.

cmdrkoenig67

I was wondering what happened and why the forum looked off and I couldn't set it back to the way it used to look  (not the same formatting as before, I mean)? I have it set on the "Moon"-something (EDIT: Oh, it's called Lunarfall...LOL!) setting right now, because it's dark and better for my eyes/less headaches.

Dana