R.I.P. Phyllis Coates

Started by Panther_Gunn, October 15, 2023, 06:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panther_Gunn

Lois Lane gets one last byline.

Phyllis played Lois in the first season of The Adventures of Superman TV series.  While I remember not liking her character of Lois as much as I did Noel Niell's, I think she captured Lois' independent spirit much more.  She was also the last surviving regular cast member from the show.  She passed away earlier this week on the 11th.

I might have let this one slip away without posting about it, as I'm sure she's not as well remembered by as many people anymore, but I know daglob would have wanted her passing to be marked.  I just wish it wasn't becoming such a trend to lose talented people from our formative years.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

WyldFyre

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on October 15, 2023, 06:30:25 AMI might have let this one slip away without posting about it, as I'm sure she's not as well remembered by as many people anymore, but I know daglob would have wanted her passing to be marked.  I just wish it wasn't becoming such a trend to lose talented people from our formative years.

Amen Brother.

I always preferred Niell as well, but Coates was a very admirable Lois. I have just recently been watching the old Superman shows again and love them still today. Rest easy Phyllis. We remember you.

For daglob. We remember you too brother.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/