News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Missing List Meshes

Started by Randomdays, January 03, 2023, 11:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomdays

While going though the list I'm working on, I came across some more skins that are missing their meshes. Any help would be appreciated - and more might arrive as I work on my files.

1) Fusion Meshes - Arrowette, Deadshot, Forge and Jesse Quick

2) Freebooter by Podmark needs Ultimate_MinuteMan_DS_NoBeltAccessoriesPS

3) Pyslocke Armor By ArchAngel33 needs SW_no_tiara

4) Power Girl Toxic J needs Powergirl_t

5) I think I'm missing the Hawk and Dove meshes from Gildemon, and I think he has 2 versions of each.

6) Missing Zulu Delta's der raubtier soldat (Golden Age Justice Corps)

7) Silver Age Justice Corps - Col Sergeyev and Komet

There's bunches more but these will do for now.

Thanks all!

Randomdays

Cranlox - thanks for the files!

Cranlox sent me a bunch of files by PM. I haven't gone through them yet so I'll leave the list above intact for now.

cranlox

A while ago I bought these models, I doubt they will work for you.

They are stl files for part printing.

Randomdays

Thanks Cranlox.

I had looked at some stl files for those and others. The main problem I have is not rigging them for the game, but that they're not set up for skinning. Every time I tied to set them up by unwrapping the uv in nifskope, Blender or Milkshape, it didn't work right and I had to do simple colors for each section of a multi-part mesh.

Maybe SA or someone else has some more knowledge in that area.

At present, I'm not up to working on complicated things like that, but they'll be put aside for sometime in the future with some of the other stl I linked to above.

Randomdays

When I get to it, this might be my choice for a Thundertank if I can get it to work;

https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/thundertank-fa63722fa22847298dd8e46cc260ada6

This one is free and fairly low poly. Removing the rocky base and some duplicate polys would bring the poly count down even more.

sketchfab files are usually use some combination of skins and colored material so it shouldn't be as hard to work with. I also like the open cockpit to place character meshes in. Panthro at the wheel of course, and maybe different versions with Lion-o, Tigra and Cheetara next to him.

Randomdays

Updated the 1st entry on the thread

Removed a couple from the requests thanks to Tomato. Added a new one for Captain Cold by AR

Cranlox - downloaded your links. Thanks! Some I had, some I didn't, so its all good. They weren't the ones from the list above though.

Also, While searching the site, I found a still active mediafire link to about 30 GI Joes skins. These are older skins and I'm putting them with their meshes and adding them to my list. The question is, Back in 2017, Style preview tons of great looking GI Joe meshes and skins. Were these ever released?

WyldFyre

I sent you some off your list. Working on the hexes. I think Bloodshadow's skin was for Fusion's mesh, at least that's what the one I have said.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

Randomdays

Thanks Wyldfyre!

I had never seen a LE Terra, so maybe BS was confused. From his readme;

Skin name: Terra
Skin creator: Bloodshadow
Base skin used: Courtnall6
Mesh: Terra by Lord Ehmsidy

While you're here maybe you know. You have creator "styles" at the museum. Is this the same as "Style" ?

Randomdays

Updated the 1st post again, thanks to Wyldefyre.

Also, Style just happened to pop on this morning. He was nice enough to respond to a pm and confirm that the GI Joe meshes he had done were never released.

That's a shame, but as my wife likes to say "It is what it is"

You would think that with over 7000 meshes and skins already, it would be enough. But I guess I'm just greedy. As someone once said on the NWN boards way back, its like having an unlimited set of action figures to play with (An no matter how much you play with them, they never get broken!)

Could you imagine what a room (or rooms) full of shelves would look like with someone who actually made all of these with a 3d printer?

cranlox

excellent comparison. It really is like a collection of virtual action figures is true. Having a room full of these would truly be a dream.

WyldFyre

Unsure Random. Styles came from Electric Freedom in the skinning list. I don't think they are the same person, but I truly don't know. DJ was around back then maybe he can shed some light.
For Freedom!

Randomdays

I'm having a few pm's with Style at the moment. I keep forgetting to ask him

Updated the original post woth some new missing meshes

Panther_Gunn

FLE mesh sent.

TM_hood_holster_gloves_boots is in the FXForce backup, in the HexMesh folder:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4g4ekoni8gxdl/FXForce
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Randomdays

Hey Panther! Good seeing you on line and Happy new Year!

And thanks!

Panther_Gunn

I'm also seeing two TY_MrSinister meshes in that FXForce folder, 1 & 2 (don't know if 1 is the original or not).  It's a big folder, lots of treasures.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Randomdays

I know there's at least 2.

Its amazing - I downloaded everything I could shake a stick at back in the day, and there's still so much missing

I guess I needed a bigger stick.

I can rebuild my stick. Better. Faster. Stronger.

I just need 6 million dollars to do it.

SickAlice

"Maybe" not a ton of help but seeing some other threads I compiled an easy index here. There is a lot, including your own stuff here and I know much of what had been in those Yahoo Groups had been backed up to another file host. Unfortunately in a few of these case you will have to dig deep.

http://www.freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=61165.msg834527#msg834527

On the subject above I'm not up to helping with those Thundercats models, sorry. Though whenever I get time I will put together both a tutorial on how exactly to texture/retexture models (I almost always used Milkshape and nothing else for this task) and one on polycount/face reduction (Blender, Meshmixer and Milkshape are all proper and easy to use for this task).

Randomdays

1st entry updated

SA -

links - I had already gone through most of those. I had not seen the fxforce backup so that gave me 3 from the list. Thanks!

meshes - I usually use Blender for polycount reduction. For setting up the uv, I've tried exporting as a obj to milkshape and setting it up there, with mixed results.

A tutorial would be nice - after all, the old "give a man a fish, teach a man to fish" deal

WyldFyre

vxmale_muscled_heels and male_heavy_mohawk are on the Bobby69/Vertex page at the museum.  http://ffmuseum.org/

Sending you the Valorine_Warrior by email.
For Freedom!

SickAlice

Quote from: Randomdays on January 09, 2023, 10:44:12 PM
meshes - I usually use Blender for polycount reduction. For setting up the uv, I've tried exporting as a obj to milkshape and setting it up there, with mixed results.

I learned it all by finding and doing online tutorials elsewhere mind you. Poly reduction is easy. I find Meshmixer and MS are a little better than Blender for this game because they're designed for low end game modding. They also don't tend to lose UV coordinates when reducing. Milkshape is cool because of the remapping features. That's how I get most of it done, just manually. And you can drag by vertice right on the texture itself and place them exactly where you want them. It's all basic and nothing advanced to pick it up. And step tutorials regardless, figure by Summer for me if all else goes according to plan. But like all else it can just as well be looked up on a different site too, a lot of the MS appears to be on YT now.

Randomdays

Wyldefyre - Great! - that gets me down to one until I find some missing parts.

Panther had actually put up the link to fxforce backup and I totally missed it.

SA - Thanks and no big hurry. I'm not at 100% yet and there's plenty to keep me busy.

Randomdays

Updated the 1st post. Waiting on Valorine from WyldFyre before removing it.

I don't want to do too many of these, but these are bothering me a bit. Some "Who did me" questions for Alpha Flight

Viewer cracking on most.

1) Box on Gren's Box mesh. Dated 2012 and dds files.The portrait is included in the corner.

2) Wild Child on male_basic noface. Looks VERY close to the C6's on the group picture From 2007, but not quite. He did mention "updated" so this might be the original. I have 2 Alpha Flight packs from him  - One from Alex and one called "Patriotic Pack" Wild Child isn't in either one

3) 2 Wild Child's and a Wildheart on male_basic_hair_redux. No idea on these.

I've searched both the forums and the archives with no luck

Deaths Jester

The box skin is by laughing paradox.

I thought i had the wild child but i don't so no luck there.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Randomdays

Thanks DJ.

I checked LP's site and didn't see Box anywhere. Strange that there was no readme as he's usually good with that, and they were dds files instead of the tga's that he normally uses.

I wonder is someone messed with the file?

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Randomdays on January 11, 2023, 01:23:40 AM
Thanks DJ.

I checked LP's site and didn't see Box anywhere. Strange that there was no readme as he's usually good with that, and they were dds files instead of the tga's that he normally uses.

I wonder is someone messed with the file?

Highly likely because i got this exact skin with Gren's mesh and it had the readme plus a red version included. Looks like lp was doing the standards for it Vic grenadier's request.

Randomdays

The copy of Gren's Box I have has the standard and the red version also. I'm at work but I think the standard with mine is a little different and has a different portrait than the one shown. I'll double check when I get home.

Randomdays

Checked out LP's Box when I got home. The portraits ARE different, and while they look very alike on the model, the two tgas are different in appearance and in resolution.

Not sure if we have a match here. LP's skin is on the left (edit)

Deaths Jester

Whoa...okay..that is weird...let me check the one I have tonight cause that is...weird....will check and let you know for sure.Did the one on the left come with Grenadier's Box mesh or was it seperate?

Randomdays

The one on the left is the LP Standard on the Box Mesh.

Sorry if that confused the hell out of you.

The one on the right is the high rez dds file (sometime i can't tell my right from the left)

I also have a LP Box skin that goes on Bevo's mesh - entirely different looking.

You and Bevo were actually a couple of my suspects who had made the unknown skin.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Randomdays on January 11, 2023, 11:30:31 PM
The one on the left is the LP Standard on the Box Mesh.

Sorry if that confused the hell out of you.

The one on the right is the high rez dds file (sometime i can't tell my right from the left)

I also have a LP Box skin that goes on Bevo's mesh - entirely different looking.

You and Bevo were actually a couple of my suspects who had made the unknown skin.

Ah...okay....that makes sense now.  The right one is done using Murs' base skin - the muscle look and the lines say so - so not mine cause have never used Murs' base for stuff and also probably not LP's then either - he made his own base after a time.  Deanjo uses Murs' base a lot and there are sections of the yellow that remind me of some of his work too (the way he does gradients and such) - have you checked with him?