News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

An interesting idea

Started by Randomdays, January 08, 2023, 08:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomdays

I don't know if this has been kicked around yet but here's a thought....

There's been action figures, heroclix and statues of superheroes for years. With 3d printing, you can now download an stl file and print your own.

Most of these are mainstream characters, but why not Freedom force? No one is probably going to create a statue for a FF character, but why not you.

You could create an stl file and then print it out to paint and to sit on your desk. Who wouldn't want to have Minute Man or Diablo sitting nearby?

And of course, there are custom characters, avatars, and mainstream meshes you could do as well. And you could easily put them in any pose you want before printing.

Wouldn't everyone want their own Tomato?

BentonGrey

That's a really neat idea, RD!  I'd love to have a 3D printed Man O' War and Minuteman...heck, I'd really love the whole team!  If I find myself with money to burn and an easy way to do this, I might do it.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

Quote from: Randomdays on January 08, 2023, 08:09:34 PM
I don't know if this has been kicked around yet but here's a thought....

There's been action figures, heroclix and statues of superheroes for year. With 3d printing, you can now download an stl file and print your own.

Most of these are mainstream characters, but why not Freedom force? No one is probably going to create a statue for FF character, but why not you.

You could create an stl file and then print it out to paint to sit on your desk. Who wouldn't want to have Minute Man or Diablo sitting nearby?

And of course, there are custom characters, avatars, and mainstream meshes you could do as well. And you could easily put them in any pose you want before printing.

Wouldn't everyone want their own Tomato?

Speaking of Tomato, I'm pretty sure he's done bits of this here and there. There should be a thread around here somewhere of somebody 3D printing some FF figurines.