News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Man, this is so frustrating!

Started by jackhart1967, April 13, 2022, 08:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackhart1967

So, all of the regenerative options on all my characters were working in the rumble room for FFX3 yesterday. Now none of them are regenerating at all! I turned the game off several times, I tested characters in the Room after running them through the Power Id option several times, I ran them through EZHero, but each time I noticed that the regen options other than just straight regen were being left blank. I put the attributes back in on the effected characters & ran the above processes again several times, still no regen. I rebooted my computer. Still weren't working. I noticed that my version of EZHero was 3.7 & I saw there is a version 4.0 on the fortress. So I installed it. Went back to the game. Still no regen! Suggestions?

mal19uk

Hi,

It sounds like you likely need to save the characters in FFX control centre once they are imported from EZhero so it brands the new attributes. One thing I need to warn though is not to import the same hero file into dat more than once as it will mess up the character in the mod you create. If you have done that it is best to manually readd the character into ffedit. Just copy the stats from the hero file.

jackhart1967

Thank you.

Here's a bit more detail on how I created my characters before today. I used to start them in FFvt3R itself, then set them up & test them in FFX3. But the original game is broken now, so I've been setting up characters in FFX3 first, then opening & saving them in EZHero, I 'd send that to dat, & then I'd pull em up on FFXControl. Once I saved them there, I'd go back to the game, & 95% of the time this had been working for me. After I noticed that some of the attributes (regen options especially) weren't showing up in the Rumble Room, I went back & looked at them in EZHero, the regen options were blank & I could not get them to work at all in the game, even when I picked regen in EZHero. Assuming there was a problem with EZHero I checked the fortress website, noticed that I had version 3.7 & there is a 4.0 update available. Installed it & now there are ZERO hero files in EZHero & I have no clue which of the drop down options get me to the herofiles I have set up. Everyone still shows in FFX3, but like I said, regen is still on the fritz & just running them through on FFX3 & then saving them in the FFX Controller is not fixing the problem.     

spydermann93

If you open up EZHero and go to Tools > Settings, you'll see a bunch of options. In the first drop-down box, set the path to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes. That should get your hero characters to load back in.

As for ffx3 not working, can you open your ffx3/Missions/Scripts/ffxid.py file in Notepad++? You should see your custom characters all listed in that file. If you don't, something is not branding them correctly. If you do see them, do any other FFX3 attributes work for you, like invulnerability?