Kevin Conroy has passed away

Started by Tomato, November 11, 2022, 04:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

I'm stuck getting ready for work right now so I'd prefer to link to a more official statement/article... but unfortunately this does seem to be accurate. RIP Batman, you will be missed.

https://thedirect.com/article/batman-kevin-conroy-dies

Panther_Gunn

The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

SickAlice

His voice will remain in our hearts.

stumpy

Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

mac402

One of the most accurate if not THE most accurate Batman depiction ever. R.I.P. Mr Conroy.

Omegaprime

"I'm Batman!" ... :cry:
He was batman.
Rest in peace dark Knight.

cmdrkoenig67

I wasn?t a fan of Batman, until this awesome animated series (with his incredible voice and soul in the part of Batman) and the series that followed (Justice League, Justice League Unlimited included, etc...), he was an amazing talent. He will be missed. This is still the only Batman that I?m a fan of.

BentonGrey

Indeed.  Here's what I wrote when I saw the news:

The world has become a little less wondrous.  Kevin Conroy, who has been the voice of Batman for generations of fans, who, in many ways, defined the character and added something strong, kind, and compassionate to the American zeitgeist through his portrayal, has died at 66.  Conroy was the bright light (or the Dark Knight) at the center of one of my favorite shows of all time, Batman: The Animated Series, and it is in part through his work that my love of the heroic spirit, of story, and of myth was developed.  He was always one of my favorite actors, and like many, many other fans, I'll miss him and his work.

There will never be someone who captures a character quite so perfectly as Mr. Conroy did Batman.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/