Gunpowder Milkshake

Started by Nyte Dragon, May 25, 2021, 05:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyte Dragon

Trailer

This is the first I've heard of this movie, but it looks so good! Back when she was Amy Pond on Doctor Who, I would never have thought of Karen Gillian as an action star. But after playing Nebula and others, she brings the bang! Plus all the other stars in this!
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
 ⁓Doctor Who

Silver Shocker

Great find ND. That movie looks great!  :thumbup:

QuoteBack when she was Amy Pond on Doctor Who, I would never have thought of Karen Gillian as an action star. But after playing Nebula and others, she brings the bang!

Yeah, I said back when GotG came out that I was impressed with her transformation into Nebula, and they gave more with each movie.

That is a great cast. Lena Headey and Paul Giamatti in particular are so reliably good.

"Gundpowder Milkshake" though....a lot of the good names really are taken, aren't they?
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

UnkoMan

Watched the start of this (don't like to watch too much into the trailer because they usually give away too much) and it looks pretty fun! Very cartoony with the great lighting.
I honestly only know her from GotG, but her Nebula is one of my favourite things about it.

Ha ha about the name. I assume it has to do with that her and her mom bonded over that milkshake something something? Shoehorn it in there.

Nyte Dragon

OK, forgiving the Doctor Who slipage (I know DW isn't everyone's cup of soups), you've never seen the Jumanji 'sequels' with Dwayne 'The Rock ' Johnson?
Unko, do yourself a favor if you are able, and watch those. Besides the aforementioned Rock, you also have Jack Black and Kevin Hart alongside Ms. Gillian. It's funny as hell with some good action in it.

And on the name, I think Unko hit it on the head. Her mom abandoned her right after getting her a milkshake.

But seriously, watch Jumanji 'Welcome to the Jungle'.
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
 ⁓Doctor Who

Silver Shocker

QuoteBut seriously, watch Jumanji 'Welcome to the Jungle'.

I'm planning to do so on your recommendation. I've got a really good track record with recommendations from friends.

So I discovered this movie will be going straight to Netflix July 14 in the U.S. and Canada. Good to know. I'll probably watch it sometime after it comes out.

New trailer, featuring a remix of Bad to the Bone and a different joke involving the little girl at the end of the trailer
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa