News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Atom Texas Jack

Started by Tomato, July 25, 2020, 08:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

So I'm starting prelminary work on Atomic, looking mostly for TJ's Atom mesh (to go with C6's atom skins from alexff) as well as some good MB shrinking atom keys to go with Atomic if there's a better set than the TJ ones.

abenavides

I've put up TJ's mesh at
http://alexff.com/downloads/Atom_TJ.zip

Beyonder's Atom mesh is also on my site in case you want to try those keyframes
I think Tommyboy did some also on his site.
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

Tomato

Thank you, much appreciated. Unfortunately both atom meshes are set up in such a way that I can't actually use them with the skope I'm working on, but I can make use of them for regular Atom regardless. If anyone knows any other shrinking keys besides Tommyboy's I'd appreciate having some options, but this is enough to get me started. Thanks so much alex!

SickAlice

In what way are you looking for? I've been playing with a few different ones myself for an experiment, maybe I ran across something.
Also if it's "that one" you would, I'd have to double check, put a copy of the body mesh into the other nodes on TJ's Atom and then change the size in Nifskope.
I did something like that with a Venom that I based on TJ's Atom that changes size and girth.
If there's additional costume components like for example a belt they have to be weighted like in Blender to male_basic, TJ's source mesh than the same copy and resize method into the extra male_basic nodes that are in the Nif. Adding them by skoping a piece into a Biped and importing a model will just result in a piece that either doesn't move with the other sizes or that one has to do a ton of keyframe work for. I used this method with Groot, also based in that same Atom nif and keyframe set.

Tomato

The issue in that case is not so much the base mesh, it's all the extra pieces and such I've attached to it. I've attached a bunch of additional pieces to it, and skoping all those pieces to all 4 sizes would be needlessly complicated, when keyframes like Tommy's just shrink/grow the handle node of a single mesh. That said, I still wanted TJ's Atom regardless... I prefer to have a version of the character I'm mirroring on hand so I can properly contrast them with what I'm working on (like with Emerald Archer, where I purposely made him a muddier green to contrast C6's brighter green arrow skin), and C6's Atom skins are for TJ's mesh.

detourne_me

I've done a number of Ant-Man skopes, some based on TJ's Atom, some based on Tommyboy's Ant-Man, and some using keyframes from others but modified for shrinking and growing.  I'm not sure where they would be available, but I'm sure there are a few imported Ant-Men with skoped keyframes in my Marvel folder on Mediafire.

SickAlice

I get what you mean and yeah it is a bunch of extra tedious work whichever way, again my go to is just to weight everything. Though looks like DM has you covered there. For some reason I can't get the specifics of Toms animations in my brain right now but I know what you mean about everything following the same node instead.