Who knows what EEEevill LURKS in the hearts of men?

Started by daglob, July 18, 2020, 05:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Yeah, we all know the answer to that question. Seems as though in the fall of 2021 there will be a new series of Shadow stories written by James Patterson. No info on when it is set, or anything else.

Panther_Gunn

The real question is, do we *want* James Patterson to be writing Shadow stories?  And will he be writing them, or will it be someone else and he'll just slap his name on them?  Isn't that the equivalent of having Daniell Steele writing Wonder Woman stories?
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

daglob

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on July 18, 2020, 07:19:24 AM
The real question is, do we *want* James Patterson to be writing Shadow stories?  And will he be writing them, or will it be someone else and he'll just slap his name on them?  Isn't that the equivalent of having Daniell Steele writing Wonder Woman stories?

Yeah, the problem with him  having others ghost write was brought up in the interview (which barely deserved the name).

If he's going to use a ghost writer, he should contact Walter B. Gibson or Theodore Tinsley. Or just contacting Will Murray might be easier.

BentonGrey

Yeah, I'd be all over having Will Murray write them, but this is still...interesting.  I'll be curious to hear more.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

GhostMachine

If it actually is Patterson, things should be just fine.

But will they be period stories, or modern? if they're modern....hard pass.

(Also, for those unaware, the design for my CoH hero GhostMachine (my avatar) is partially based on The Shadow.)

BentonGrey

Quote from: GhostMachine on July 22, 2020, 01:42:13 PM
If it actually is Patterson, things should be just fine.

But will they be period stories, or modern? if they're modern....hard pass.

(Also, for those unaware, the design for my CoH hero GhostMachine (my avatar) is partially based on The Shadow.)

Agreed, GM.  I have no use for my pulp heroes in modern settings, in general.  Takes away all of the flavor.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/