Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Skins and Mesh Site?

Started by qwert_44702, November 13, 2019, 02:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

qwert_44702

qwert_44702

what makes a mesh have really shiny skin?
Like meatal shiny

spydermann93

Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m3o1r3b1b7kaksq/c6_armors.zip/file

This should have several of C6's armors, including the Assault Armor.

qwert_44702

daglob

Quote from: qwert_44702 on November 14, 2019, 08:18:24 PM
what makes a mesh have really shiny skin?
Like meatal shiny

There is a "relf.*" texture that causes the reflections. There might also be a flaw in the mesh that makes it too reflective. Is it one you got from me?

Or some of he general meshes might have a bright reflection and glow texture in the standard skin.

AND... sometime if the refl texture is missing the mesh seems to just set the reflection on "high" or something. It will do something similar with the glow texture if it is missing, or it may be pink. A kind of teal color means the skin is the wrong size and needs to be adjusted (or, at least it does on my computer)

qwert_44702

oh no
some of the iron man armors look awesome with metalish shine to them is all
I was just wondering if you can slap the shiny reflections from 1 file to the next

qwert_44702

like take the shiny files i really like from an iron man i really like and slap on a warmachine that has no shine to it to make its metal shine

Cyber Burn

Actually, to get the effect you want, you could just copy the "Male_Basic.tga" or "Male_Basic.dds" file for that War Machine, depending on what type of files the Skin uses, and then rename the copy you create to either "Male_Basic_Refl.tga" or "Male_Basic_Refl.dds", again, depending on what type of files the Skin uses. You could also copy the "Male_Basic_Lightmap.tga" or "Male_Basic_Lightmap.dds" from the Iron Man folder to the War Machine folder. If the Mesh you are using already has the Effects enabled, then this would be the best way to go.