The Flash (possible Spoilers)

Started by Midnite, May 15, 2014, 05:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Shocker

This week on DRAGON BALL Z..... No seriously, the plot of this week's Flash was totally a plot twist in Dragon Ball Z.

It's also got a subplot straight out of Seinfeld......Ralph Dibney is killing Independent Cisco!
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

GhostMachine

Had one big issue with this week's episode: The last time we saw Jay, he mentioned he was training a new female Flash. So no mention of her whatsoever this episode. When are we actually going to find out more about her? During Crisis?

Spoiler
Also guessing that Cisco is going to get his Vibe powers back, because why would he even be in costume in the future if he has no abilities?

catwhowalksbyhimself

He did mention that he had retired from heroing, so they did acknowledge that much at least.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Silver Shocker

We've got the death of a Flash actor, sad to say...

16-year-old Logan Williams has passed away. He played the younger version of Barry Allen seen in flashbacks. A Vancouver-born Canadian actor, which is extra sad for me as a Canadian and a lifelong fan of Canada's active acting industry.

Cause of death has not been disclosed to the public (which seems to be a common practice right now - the Japanese entertainment industry has been doing the same thing) - but what has been disclosed is that the family of the deceased were not able to grieve properly due to social distancing. That's gotta be extra sad and my sympathies towards them.

I do wonder, should Flash continue, what will happen the next time they need to show a kid Barry in flashbacks. They'll either have to recast him, use archived footage, avoid showing his face, or use special effects or digital trickery. I'm curious to see what they'll do in the future.

It's a shame because the most recently released episode of Supergirl featured a cameo by the now-somewhat-older actress who played the high-school-aged version of Alex Danvers which was a highlight of the episode.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Tomato

I mean, much as I hate to say it, I doubt it'll change anything. Most of that sort of thing tends to be plotted out once they know the actor is available or will be in town or whatever. And any scenes set in the past when Barry was a child/teen would almost have to be digitally put together or re-cast anyway... I was looking at some more recent photos after finding out, and the kid had a jawline that'd make BTAS Batman proud. Not saying some decent makeup and a bit of cgi wizardry couldn't have closed the gap, but they'd for sure have to recast him for kid Barry regardless.

That said, I hope they do a tribute to him somehow. I know Grant was one of the people who first went public about it, but I don't know how far into production and filming they got before the lockdown.

Silver Shocker

Well you can take my post one of 2 ways. Am I concerned about the mechanics of what they'll do next time we see Kid Barry (I talked about the same thing when Carrie Fisher and Stan Lee passed away?) Or I more bummed out that this kid died and that was the first thing I saw when I turned on my tv tonight (on the news ticker on the TV Guide channel)?

It's the first one. I mean, it's both, but it's more the first one on the ratio.

It just bummed me out more than most because 1) He's a kid, and that's always extra sad, 2) This was my slap of reality moment where "Yes, someone working on someone I love is going to die right now" and 3. He's Canadian, and us Canadians gotta stick together. 
~Rocky Balboa