News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

MOBA MOD

Started by oktokels, July 20, 2019, 12:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oktokels

I was wondering if, has anybody tried to make a mission that function like a moba game? (dota, lol,etc), were yo have to destroy 2 towers and kill a titan, accompanied by groups of 5 minions that spawn regularly
For  :ffvstr: i was thinking that the minions could be the thugs with guns and police man...

Has somebody tried this? And if not, any ideas how could it be done???

thx  :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Actually, I talked about this a while back...I don't remember where, but there was definitely some discussion about it.  In theory, this could be done with EZScript.  I've done some slightly fancier stuff in my JSA campaign, where a factory (encounter 1) spits out robots until you destroy a machine (encounter 2).  Encounter 1 had the condition "Ends when" the second encounter ended, with a timer that would recycle it every so often.  It didn't always work great, but something like that could get you part of the way there.

If you had one set of that for each side, you'd get part of the way.  The trouble would be making the AI target the 'tower.'  At most, you'd be able to get one encounter's worth of minions or allies to do that, the ones that spawned WITH that encounter.  The ones spawning in the other encounters could pretty much only be sicced on characters.

Here's the pertinent encounters:
Spoiler
#----------------------------------

Encounter: Bot1
Type: Sabotage
Villains: per_futurebot, mech_man_flame_extra, per_futurebot, mech_man_flame_extra
Objects: computer
Primary Objective: "Sabotage the automated factory" for 1000 prestige
Marker: post5
Next: Guard5

Alert Cutscene:
Camera on post5_object1
Hero3 says, "It looks like sonar wasn't exaggerating. As near as I can tell, it looks like whoever is running this show has set up an automated factory to pump out these robots."
Hero3 says, "We need to find some way to throw a moneky wrench into those machines or we'll never get a moment to breathe!"

Sabotage Cutscene:
Cinematic camera on Hero4
Hero4 moves to post5_object1
Hero4 says, "I think I can override this system..."

End Cutscene:
Hero1 says, "That should buy us some time!"

Encounter: Bot2
Type: Hunt
Villains: per_futurebot
Marker: post6
Starts When: Bot1 not at End
Next: Bot3

Encounter: Bot3
Type: Wait
Minimum Time: 30
Maximum Time: 35
Next: Bot4

Encounter: Bot4
Type: Hunt
Villains: mech_man_flame_extra
Marker: post6
Starts When: Bot1 not at End
Next: Bot3

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

oktokels

That's fantastic !! And a great way to start working on this...I plan to make each character function with a set of 4 powers, 1 basic melee or ranged, a buff, debuff, and ultimate...maybe add some protections, or attributes, as a passive power. And each character should have a role, say it could be, tank, hunter, assassin, blaster, warrior and mental-magic. This would work as a pokemon game [lmao], where fire is strong againts water, and so on...

As an example, colossus is a tank>wolverine is a warrior> b widow is assassin > green arrow is a hunter >  g lantern is a blaster > and dr fate is a mage.

Thx, those are some great ideas ! :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Good luck, OK!  I hope that this will work out for you.  Once you get it figured out, you'll have to keep us updated!  :)  Sounds fun!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

Quote from: oktokels on July 20, 2019, 05:29:41 AM
That's fantastic !! And a great way to start working on this...I plan to make each character function with a set of 4 powers, 1 basic melee or ranged, a buff, debuff, and ultimate...maybe add some protections, or attributes, as a passive power. And each character should have a role, say it could be, tank, hunter, assassin, blaster, warrior and mental-magic. This would work as a pokemon game [lmao], where fire is strong againts water, and so on...

As an example, colossus is a tank>wolverine is a warrior> b widow is assassin > green arrow is a hunter >  g lantern is a blaster > and dr fate is a mage.

Lol, I've thought about classes for certain heroes many times thanks to Smite.

I've always wondered if the Hulk should be more of a Tank or a Warrior. I lean towards warrior since they can be fairly tanky, too.

I also thought of Wolverine as more of an assassin, tbh. Not as tanky as a Warrior (he tends to get knocked out a lot by bigger foes, lol), but his healing helps him stay alive.

oktokels

Quote from: spydermann93 on July 21, 2019, 04:34:14 AM
Quote from: oktokels on July 20, 2019, 05:29:41 AM

Lol, I've thought about classes for certain heroes many times thanks to Smite.

I've always wondered if the Hulk should be more of a Tank or a Warrior. I lean towards warrior since they can be fairly tanky, too.

I also thought of Wolverine as more of an assassin, tbh. Not as tanky as a Warrior (he tends to get knocked out a lot by bigger foes, lol), but his healing helps him stay alive.

Haha  :thumbup:

For me, hulk is definitily a tank, since it has the defense mechanism attribute, his defense increases as he gets more damage, and his AI is focused on attacking enemies that are attacking allies. So, is more leaning to support and defense, than to only aggro. Maybe im taking notes from the not-savage hulk, because originally hulk did have the berserker attribute, so he unleashed plain chaos. Now im trying to make synergies between characters, and more focused on team play.

Wolverine for me is a warrior, his defense is pretty though, since he has the solid skeleton attribute [adamantium skeleton], so he can take much more punches than say, psylocke or nightcrawler that are assasins...  maybe im more leaning towards the "infiltrator" role, than the assasins role, since this class is heavily dependant on the "cloak of shadows" special. Since in my idea, assasinss are more effective than hunters, that is because they can get near them, thx to being invisible, and when they are near, they attack with a debuff, say decrease_speed or high stun attack, and only then they start atacking with a high dmg, no ep, power

Warriors is kind of a difficult class to make in :ffvr3:, kind of nebulous. Some warriors are pretty great like wolverine, others not so much, like say, golden age mister terrific lmao. But some things i have clear, they are straight to melee, very pesky, not so much special or ranged powers, have some defense [body armor or inv 2], but not so much as tanks, and have some damage, but no so much as tanks lmao. A way to balance this, comes from piercing damage. Piercing damage is the only physical damage that is alowed to go beyond high [have low stun % though], so wolverine with his claws can take a colossus or even superman.