News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 117: Nightcrawler

Started by Podmark, March 18, 2017, 07:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Nightcrawler's classic look?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

Today we'll tackle a classic X-Men: Nightcrawler!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Ouflah

5. I like this design quite a bit.

It could be improved I think by having the red "v" stop about around the lower torso instead of going all the way, but honestly that little nit-pick of mine only brings it down to like a 4.75, so I'm rounding up to 5.
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

detourne_me

One of the most iconic costumes out there. easily a 5 from me!

Cyber Burn

Love.

But that goes for pretty much all the X-Men Costumes introduced at that time.

Tomato

Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 19, 2017, 06:02:42 AM
Love.

But that goes for pretty much all the X-Men Costumes introduced at that time.

*cough*Storm*cough*

But yeah, no, easy 5 for me too. This costume just WORKS.

Glitch Girl

There's really not much you could do to improve on this one.  It's just simple and well designed and suits the character perfectly.  Total 5 from me.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Podmark

I'm going to be the odd one out on this one. I voted Meh, and that's really how I feel about it these days.
My tastes tend to trend more modern, which is part of it. Another part is that I do like new shinny things so older costume sometimes start to bore me. I'm also too young for it to be overly nostalgic.
My main complain would be that the costume just looks like a random assortment of colours and design elements. There's no specific element that focuses it and says "this is Nightcrawler!"

On the positive side the costume is a good fit for his circus, swashbuckler characteristics. The colours play off well with his blue demon body, and they balanced well against the rest of the Giant Size X-Men. It's also a design that is iconic as Nightcrawler. So I'm not saying it's a bad costume by any means. Just one I'm sort of bored with now.

Now if I asked this question 15 years ago or so I probably would have given it a more positive vote.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Pod, you freak!  :P

5: Haha, seriously though, I love this one.  Nightcrawler has always been one of my favorite characters, and a lot of that comes from this great costume.  It perfectly fits him as a circus performer and acrobat, and it's a wonderfully distinct and memorable look.  As I said about Storm, pretty much all of the All-New X-Men are perfectly designed, more or less.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/