Dislike
Hate

Podmark

Can't do the 90s X-Men without Jubilee:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

It's a step along the trend of "street clothes as superhero costumes", a trend which I dislike.

Okay, so I'm old.

Ouflah

I'm no fan of the "street clothes as superhero costumes" thing either, daglob. Honestly the trend takes away one of the best and most unique features of comic book superheroes. I can understand the reasoning behind doing in in live action stuff, but when you do something like that for comic books there really isn't an excuse. It's both harder to draw and more boring.
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

Tomato

I think it depends on the character and the reasoning behind it. For example, I don't mind it with a character like Jubilee because, well... it isn't a uniform for her. She actually does get an assortment of actual costumes later on in the comics (before going back to a more... ugly version of this look in recent years. UGH.), and this look seems to just be the clothes she was picked up in, particularly in the cartoons which popularized it. And frankly, unlike most "civilian garb" that tend to be very drab and lifeless, Jubilee's attire is actually brighter and more colorful than many superhero costumes, particularly during the dark age of comics. I can't think of very many characters that can pull off banana yellow, bubblegum pink, and baby blue.

Frankly, while I don't think it's the best (I gave it a mild "Like" just because it is THE iconic Jubilee outfit.) it's actually one of only two instances where I will absolutely defend the plain clothes look because of how it plays into the character's backstory and personality.

Cyber Burn

Meh. It's the stereotype of the 90's Mallrat.

My issue with this one, is that you have her hanging out with Wolverine...and he's taking her into fights wearing this? Just never really made sense to me.

Podmark

I fell on Meh. It's okay, I like the colours, and a lot of the elements really set her apart.
But it's too out there to be seen as normal street clothes, but too street clothes to be a costume. Just not a look that excites me much.

I like some of her costume versions that use the coat. Some of her Gen X looks and her recent vampire look.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

4: 'Mato's more or less right on target here.  I also give this one a very mild like, and it's because the design does exactly what it intends to do.  It is SUPER 80s, but that just makes it a product of its time, and it is still a successful design for a character that was supposed to be wearing more or less street clothes cobbled together into a semi-functional set of action threads.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/