News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Okay, I haven't read it in years, so tell me...

Started by daglob, October 30, 2016, 12:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

... is the real Hulk a cannibal, or is this just some "ultimate" wackiness. And if he is, why?

crimsonquill

Yeah, Ultimate Hulk has been portrayed as a cannibal because the monsterous side of Bruce Banner is just everything he repressed including all of the savage instincts of primal humans (he just ate the bad guys after ripping them apart and mashing them into hamburger.. off panel and usually just implied of how horrible Hulk was). Now the problem is that Jeph Loeb came on as writer during Ultimates 3 and he didn't have a clue how Mark Millar wrote the team. Some of the Ultimates acted like their Avengers counterparts, others were pushed to extreme levels, and then he just did sick horrible things to characters because he was told that The Ultimate Comics were being phased out down the line and he could go crazy. What we got was Hulk eating everyone and then the horrible shocking event of The Blob eating The Wasp (cause apparently The Blob was a cannibal too).

Needless to say that many folks are glad that Loeb is off screwing with TV shows and animated series as a producer while staying far away from comics.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

spydermann93

616 Hulk? Not a cannibal

1610 Hulk? Totally a cannibal for MAXIMUM EDGE!

HarryTrotter

Actually,Hulk being a cannibal was  Millars thing from the start,not Loebs.He had his own things.
There was also that one time he chased Betty and Fredie Prinze Junior aroung.That was hilarious.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

Actually,Hulk being a cannibal was  Millars thing from the start,not Loebs.He had his own things.
There was also that one time he chased Betty and Fredie Prinze Junior aroung.That was hilarious.
Jon Farmer

Talavar

Quote from: Spade on October 30, 2016, 05:03:56 PM

Yeah, didn't he make Hulk a cannibal in Old Man Logan's dystopian future as well?  Millar's weird.

HarryTrotter

^We havent even scratched the surface yet.
Well,he does eat Wolverine in the climax.Which backfires.Spoiler,for those who didnt read OML,I should add.
Jon Farmer

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Ouflah

Woah, I did not know this was a thing-- gross. I like the sentiment of 616 Marvel that the Hulk has a good heart just like Banner. Anyway, this does beg one question:

...if Ultimate Hulk ate somebody in the Canadian wilderness, would he become a Wendigo-Hulk?
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

daglob

HarryTrotter

Too bad we cant have Hulk in the new Wolverine movie.That would be a cool thing to see.
Jon Farmer