News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 94: Superboy

Started by Podmark, October 02, 2016, 01:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Superboy's original costume?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

Continuing the Reign of the Supermen, here's Superboy:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

leather jacket over spandex with random straps that serve no practical function. 90s garbage. Give me either the t-shirt and jeans or the n52 overdesigned mess over this garbage,

daglob

If you remove the straps and the jacket, it isn't a bad Super suit.

If you remove the straps and the jacket.

HarryTrotter

Actually,jacket over costume is more of an 80's thing.Started by Paradax and Zenith and popularized by Animal Man.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Cyber Burn

Had to go with a "Dislike" here. My reason...I looked at it.  :doh:

daglob

Quote from: Spade on October 02, 2016, 06:13:08 AM
Actually,jacket over costume is more of an 80's thing.Started by Paradax and Zenith and popularized by Animal Man.

Yeah but it would have taken awhile to get popular over here.

Which reminds me, I need to finish Zenith, Paradax, and Big E. Maybe do Tharg one day...

Glitch Girl

I know I am im the minority here, but I have always rather liked this costume. 

Yes, it is too strappy (which is why it doesn't get a "love") but I think it works for the most part.  I admit I am rather partial to jackets in costumes (see Glitch Girl's design for further proof), but I also think they way they used the red/blue/and black work quite well.  I also think it suits the character who was sort of in his "rebellious/punk kid" phase at the time. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Tomato

I get that to a point, but my feelings on jackets over outfits is that they CAN work... but there has to be something else (jeans, leather pants, etc) that ties them into the rest of the design.

Podmark

I voted Love.
I've always really loved this costume. Forget the jacket for a moment - the actual costume I think looks great. The layout of black, red, and blue is really nice, and while I'm not fond of the straps themselves, the yellow banding (particularly the ones on the boots) adds a nice bit of yellow to the design. The only thing I dislike are the heavy cuffs on the gloves.

I'm fine with the jacket, but the costume looks good without it too. I agree with GG that the jacket fits well with Kon-El's rebellious teen attitude.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

HarryTrotter

Quote from: daglob on October 02, 2016, 06:33:15 PM
Quote from: Spade on October 02, 2016, 06:13:08 AM

Yeah but it would have taken awhile to get popular over here.

Which reminds me, I need to finish Zenith, Paradax, and Big E. Maybe do Tharg one day...
Throw in Big Dave,maybe?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Shaboba

I'm an absolute hoe for stereotypical 90's costumes. Give me giant shoulder pads and useless leg straps any day, my friend.