News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 92: Wonder Man

Started by Podmark, September 18, 2016, 12:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Wonder Man's  costume costume?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

This week we'll get back to the usual costume ratings. This time with a classic Wonder Man look:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

daglob

Yeah, me too. It looks like they were trying to not make a super-hero costume.

A lot of that is still going on... :(

Tomato

See, there are characters that kind of thing works for though. I totally buy that Superboy would go around in jeans and a tee shirt, just to separate himself from Superman. Wonder Man in particular though, makes NO SENSE. Here's a dude who's also acting at this point in his career, running around in bright red clothing (so it's not like he's trying to be subtle or anything) but is also wearing a jacket and sweater? Like... no. I expect a guy like Simon Williams to be running around in something like Booster Gold's outfit, something showy and over the top. Instead, he's wearing a Jacket over a sweater OVER SPANDEX.

detourne_me

This was the first costume I saw Simon in, so it's got some nostalgia attached to it for me. He was a pompous Hollywood star as well as a superhero. I think the look is so ostentatious, and it just works for him.

spydermann93

Honestly, I liked his green costume more :P

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

daglob

Yeah, well, the original costume was garish as hell but I preferred it to this one.

Who designed it Don Heck?

spydermann93

Quote from: Glitch Girl on September 18, 2016, 09:17:38 PM
@spydermann 

Ouch!

Lol, that wasn't meant to be a slam on this costume. I actually liked the green suit (don't know why), but this one it just "meh" to me.

Tomato

Well, it depends on which green suit we're talking about... If we're talking the original outfit, I completely agree. I don't think it really fits the modern version of the character, but for how Simon was originally presented, I rather enjoy it.

Podmark

I gave this a mild dislike. The conception it doesn't really work for me, and the execution is pretty meh. I believe this is the outfit I've often heard referred to as the Leisure Suit Wonder Man, which I always found amusing.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page