News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 87: Wasp Original

Started by Podmark, August 13, 2016, 09:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the original Wasp costume?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

This weekend we'll go all the way back to the beginning of the largest wardrobe in comics: The Wasp!

What do you think?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

That suit is so ridiculous. Still, it is the first suit I saw her in. The next version, with a black hood that left her face clear and allowed a bang to droop on her forehead was 'way better.

Tomato

I used to really love this outfit, but it's... waned for me over the years. To be fair, it's still better than MANY of Wasp's outfits, but I think the modern-ish design has had staying power for a reason.

OrWolvie1

Quote from: Podmark on August 13, 2016, 09:36:47 PM
This weekend we'll go all the way back to the beginning of the largest wardrobe in comics: The Wasp!

What do you think?

Taking into account the time period for which this outfit was created, I guess it's almost fitting, in a B sci-fi movie of the 50's kinda way. But, IMO, it has not withstood the test of time.  :thumbdown:

BentonGrey

4, Like: I was torn between 3 and 4, but I really do like this costume better than it deserves.  It's quite goofy looking, but as Or said, it's a product of its time.  It is very distinctive and actually evokes the character's theme pretty well.  It's just too unwieldy.  I think that there is a good costume in there, but it just needs refinement. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 14, 2016, 04:10:11 AM
4, Like: I was torn between 3 and 4, but I really do like this costume better than it deserves.  It's quite goofy looking, but as Or said, it's a product of its time.  It is very distinctive and actually evokes the character's theme pretty well.  It's just too unwisely.  I think that there is a good costume in there, but it just needs refinement.

Yeah, get rid of the pointy head.

detourne_me

I Like this one, its probabl my 3rd favorite Wasp costume after the 80s Blue and White one, then the modern Black and yellow bodysuit. It was my first exposure to The Wasp too, reading a reprint of Avengers #1, and I just loved the art. Bruce Timm does a mean version of this costume, too.

Podmark

I have to give this one a hate, might be my first time. Never been a fan of this one. It's really dated. I hate the pointed head, and the jagged gloves and boots are too much. Colour balance in that picture looks really off too, the blue legs look wrong.
On the positive side the fundamentals for a good costume are all there, in fact I think I've seen some based on this one that looked fine.

Janet has some really hideous costumes, but there are a handful of good ones.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

bat1987

Gave it a dislike, since I've taken into account that it's a product of its time, otherwise would've been a hate.