News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 70: Mister Terrific

Started by Podmark, April 16, 2016, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Mister Terrific (Michael Holt)'s design?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

Last week the television show Arrow announced that recurring character Curtis Holt will become a regular next season. Curtis is based on Michael Holt AKA Mister Terrific (I haven't determined why his first name is different yet), so I thought I'd do him this week.

So what do you think of Mister Terrific's design?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

Although the costume is 'dateable'? Meaning you can tell its an early 00s design, i still love it. This Mister Terrific epitomizes the 'golden age' of Geoff Johns in my opinion. The costume pays homage to the original by wearing a jacket with Fair Play on it, but he is totally his own character. The T-spheres are a nice touch too.
The only issue is with his T-mask. At first it looks kind of corny, but it does a great job of concealing his identity, and I'm not sure if Im remembering correctly, but it had tech to mask his voice and jam facial recognition software, too, right?

Podmark

I remember really liking Holt's costume, but when I was looking up images for this poll I wasn't impressed with most of them. I'm going to go with Like because I think with the right artists this costume does work. The stylized jacket looks cool, and the colour scheme is nice. The T mask is a little odd but I think it works. There is a ridiculousness with the whole design but it works alright with the goofy Mister Terrific moniker.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

See, about the only thing that I really like about this, other than the inclusion of "Fair Play," is the T-mask.  I don't DISLIKE the costume, but it just isn't that attractive.  It's certainly no classic DC costume, a perfect design.  I really like the character, but the design is just lack-luster, rather boring.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

It's ok. I probably was a bit generous giving it a Like, since in my mind it's between that and meh, but it's decent. On the one hand, elements of this are perfect... the T mask, the Fair Play jacket, etc. On the other... Benton is right in that it's not really a "classic" in the way other superhero costumes are. This honestly feels like something you'd legitimately be able to cobble together at home.

Honestly, if I were to suggest improvements, I feel like it needs to swing one direction or the other... the leather jacket kind of clashes with the black/white spandex. I'd either go full leather ensemble (like something from the Arrowverse) or full spandex.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/