News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Civil War

Started by Skerdilajd Shehi, July 16, 2015, 12:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skerdilajd Shehi

would it be awesome to see a  :ffvstr: Marvel's civil war which is based like comic book where you got spidey and everyone else in it?

kkhohoho

Look, I know your heart's in the right place, but I don't think a mod of Civil War would be a good idea, mainly because Civil War was, IMO, an abomination of the highest order. Nearly everyone was written out of character, Iron Man became the Eisen Fuhrer, (seriously, someone photoshopped him with a Hitler mustache,) and no-one could even settle on just what the Superhero Registration Act was, leading to the many different writers across the whole event having their own takes on it, with some portraying it as sane and reasonable, and others treating it practically as the work of the devil. Don't get me wrong, the idea had some potential, but the execution of it was just horrendous. And even the idea itself works best in a standalone universe; not one that had been operating just fine without an Act for decades. I'm sorry, but unless this had a heavy rewrite, I really don't want to see a mod of this.
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

spydermann93

Yeah, I was thinking that this could be a good story, just so long as the person making it made it so that

1) The actual Registration Act was clearly defined.

2) Both sides are arguably "in the right".

Like kk said, it would take some rewriting, but it could be fun :)

Tomato

We already had a Civil War game. It's called Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, and it was so sloppy and poorly made that it killed the entire MUA franchise.

spydermann93

Quote from: Tomato on July 17, 2015, 12:15:04 AM
We already had a Civil War game. It's called Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, and it was so sloppy and poorly made that it killed the entire MUA franchise.

Ssh... ssshhh...

We don't talk about that, here :unsure:

kkhohoho

Quote from: spydermann93 on July 17, 2015, 12:22:18 AM
Quote from: Tomato on July 17, 2015, 12:15:04 AM

Ssh... ssshhh...

We don't talk about that, here :unsure:

We shouldn't even be talking about Civil War here, honestly. Do you want Tony to put us all in the Negative Zones' version of Guantanamo?
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203