News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Godzilla Vanishes

Started by SickAlice, August 16, 2015, 07:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

I put together a swap using a model of the 2014 Godzilla from a different game using Val's GodzillaMk3 as a base. In the original glowing scales would appear during the ranged, hover_ranged and special animations respectively. The game model had an awesome glow map though so instead I made two versions of the body model, the original node remained
" godzilla " and the new is a duplicate body name " glowzilla " with a separate texture assignment. I then opened the keyframes, found the strings for " godzilla " and gave them the right scales to make the body shrink in and out, copied those and made new " glowzilla " ones. During the ranged animation which was the first I finished everything works fine. During the rest a moment after the end times of the animations both models simply vanish. I combed through everything and everything in those keys is the same as the working ranged. Any clues what I missed? Thanks in advance for any time and help given.

hoss20

I had a similar issue making shrinking/growing keyframes for Gren's Midget mesh for Benton's mod. One of the animations worked just fine and the others, she ends up vanishing at the end. The keyframe modifications were identical and I could not see any difference causing the problem. I didn't have the time to investigate it fully before sending things out to Benton. I checked her out in-game and even though she disappears for a second at the end of those animations, she pops right back up because the melee_idle animation is working fine. I would also be interested in a solution if anyone has an idea.

windblown

I don't know if this is the same case, but I'd got the same problem because of the time values of the animation. If the time value for the grow/shrink sequence isn't the same that for the entire animation (or you put by mistake 1.2 before that 1.0 for example) sometimes the mesh vanishes at the end.
I mean, if the ranged animation lasts 2.2 seconds, the last time value for the Scales must be 2.2. Not sure if that's your problem, but it has happened to me before.

SickAlice

I've had that one a lot too, especially in the early days. But I always check for that. In this case the new strings were copied from the keys they originally came from. But you got me thinking about it and looking at them, the keys originally had entries for everything except the Quarternions which I left as is. So I experimented just now. I added two units to the Quarternion sets. Knowing I need to add a KeyType else it'll crash I choose Linear based on what the Biped 01 had though I've no clue what that does for me (I choose it because I figured the positioning was the closest match to what I wanted). I then left the first key sequence zero'd out and the second added the end time. Sure enough that fixes it. Thanks a bunch, as always your the wizard. Any idea why that specifically worked though? Just for getting the technical end logged here.