News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Works in Progress

Started by hmarrs, November 27, 2012, 04:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmarrs

Just a simple page for us to post what we are working on since the progress in between are so long
due to the nature of the beast.
So the Forum and still be updated and in usage.
Post what your working on be it Skinning.
Meshes,Skopes,New Keyfrasmes,Maps Etc.
sort of like releases but the inbetween since the releases are so far and few.
It feels like nothing is happening and yet I know there is alot going on because I am working on some things
but they are not ready for release.
How I contact the powers that be to see if they would add that to the hime page.

As in
General discussion
Freedom Force Discussion
Meshes
Skins
Releases
Works in Progress
Gte what Im saying.
It will lend to more traffic somtimes I don't come on for a week at a time
because nothing changes.
I just don't want people to lose interest.
I think it's a good idea.
Because a person could give daily updates.

Cyber Burn

I'd love to see how your Avengers Hulk is coming along, could you post some progress pics please?

hmarrs

Thank you for answering this post.I didn't think anyone was interested.However I feel its a needed page.It breaks up the downtime untold things a released.So as I promised a little later but:
I have just loaded my Kirby Hulk mesh,along with a Rulk mesh I never heard back from Tommy boy as,I was hoping to use his effect from his Brimstone effect but he never got back to me,so if anyone can create one for the Red Hulk I would appreciate it.
I also updated my original Incredible Hulk as there was some discoloration on the Gray skin.

I also have stated that I was working on an Avenger Hulk
so I wanted to give you all an update.This is a picture of where I am at the moment.As I am working on him from skratch.I will never ever again underestimate the work of a Mesher as it is grinding work.

So far the head is all I have done.If there is anyone out there that may have some good refreance pictures of the Avenger Hulk please shoot them my way.Or if you even have the toy maniquen send me a front and a side and 3 quarter shot please.

My next plan is to work on a John Bucema Hulk.My goal is to try and make every or at least as many as I can of the Hulk including a Lou Ferigno hulk.I would like to put out there if there is a Modder who could make a mod using all of the Hulk veriations that would be great.

Thanks they can all be downloaded from my Yahoo site.
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/hmarrsineffect/

lion23dj

Wow!!! They're incredible!!  :o :o :o

life_matrix

It looks like your mesh has such fine details like teeth. :blink: That's pretty impressive! However, wouldn't that be a bit much for FFvTTR to handle? Won't the polygon count be too high?
"I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible." - Neo, The Matrix

Vertex

A lot of newer games allow up to 15k or more polygons for the body and lately I notice most of this stuff that's showing up around here seem to be ports from those types of applications. Yeah for FF we're supposed to stick to like 3 to 5k but thinking back... I gotta believe guys like X-dud went WAAAAY beyond that threshold with his gazillion particle meshes.
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

hmarrs

Here is where I'm at at the moment.

I this is a low very low poly.
I am finding that high poly (based on my prvious Hulk mesh has a hard time showing up on FF1 except for older machines)
I am currently rectifing that as I am going to decimate the poly count so that mesh can be ysed in FF1.
However there are no problems with FF2.
Either way my point is to run this mesh in high count and low count one for FF1 and one for FF2.

This is an Avenger Hulk
It's from scratch again I will never underestimate this process again.

Boy I wish more people would be motivated.
I thought a works in progress Thread would be a great idea.
Almost everyone is working on somthing a Mesh,a Map a Skin.
We need somthing to see comment on during down time.
I also asked somepeople send me some images from the previous released Hulk and Kirby Mesh.
Maybe this Thread is in the wrong place.
C'mon guys lets get motivated let's get creative!!!

life_matrix

Quote from: hmarrs on January 23, 2013, 07:35:46 PM
This is an Avenger Hulk
It's from scratch again I will never underestimate this process again.

Anyone that can model humanoid characters from scratch has my respect. I realize there are some tools and software to make it a bit easier, but still... So far, I've just been able to create simple stuff in Blender, like spears, swords, and thrones. And then there's the challenge of UV unwrapping, texturing... I haven't even attempted to learn Blender animation yet.

Quote from: hmarrs on January 23, 2013, 07:35:46 PM
I am currently rectifing that as I am going to decimate the poly count so that mesh can be ysed in FF1.
However there are no problems with FF2.
Either way my point is to run this mesh in high count and low count one for FF1 and one for FF2.

Sounds good. Though, personally, I'd prefer low or medium poly count models on FF2, even for main characters.

As for my motivation: I've just started to get back into FF/FFvT3R after a long hiatus. And I don't play the games and mods as much as fiddle around with them, something I plan to rectify soon. And no offense, but Hulk characters just do not appeal much to me ATM. (I'm much more partial to obscure characters, original characters, and - to a lesser extent - the DC universe.) Though, I am starting to find the motivation to finally learn more about skinning, meshing and stuff. I may even try my hand at modding.

Anyway, I figure I ought to get more experience before I comment too much...
"I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible." - Neo, The Matrix

hmarrs

Hey man thats cool.Even if your not into Hulk thats ok.Thats just me.
Also put up your swords and thrones.
I'd love to see them honestly.

Cyber Burn

Hmarrs, your Hulk looks fantastic, and Life_Matrix, I would love to see what you've done as well.

crimsonquill

Awesome Avengers Hulk, Hmarrs!  :thumbup:  And I have been enjoying your other Hulk meshes very much in my rumble room.

I've been messing with skopes for awhile since my last releases trying to get better and better at it. I'll never have the skills to do fully original mesh builds but I try to contribute when and where I can.

Mostly I've been focused on catching up with VPMAX but I have lots of ideas up my sleeve.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

hmarrs

Thanks guys,
Crimson> please send me some shots Id love to see those meshes in action.
Since I don't very well play mush anymore.
I'm a big Hulk fan so I plan to do many more.
I want to do a Bucema Hulk,a Ferigno TV Hulk,Just because.
I'd love it if someone made a Skope.

Matrix>Hey Id love to see anything your working on Swords,Skins anything.

Burn>I'd love to see your skopes trow them up on here.

Also Meshing is not as hard as it seems.
It just seems intimidating at first.It does however take time.
I started by Skoping.
From there I just took it the next step.
There is an awesome tutorial here on Blender and Meshing.

Ewwzy's got an awesome site that really helped me to get started and I thank him for that:
http://freedomforce.ewzzy.com/Blender.php

I started messing with pre-existing meshes.
Then I went online and started downloading free meshes.
Then I started learning how to rigg them.(Attach them to pre-existing skelotons so they can move on pre-existing Keyframes)
Then there are some awesome sites with free software like Make Human you can build a basic mesh and face and then alter it from there.
Trust me I still have a long way to go.Must times.
There are some guys who can start off a mesh by just one Verticle that is just sick.

I tried that once and only got as far as a Torso after 5 days.

Most times if you have a base mesh of a body and build and sculpt and mold it may be easier.
Here is my base head from make human then I scuplted and added subtracted until I got the one on the right.

That's about as far back scratch I'm willing to go unless I have too.

Here is one of my attempts to make a body using shapes and Spheres in Blender.

Little by little just try it.

hmarrs

Here is somthing else I am going to work on.
It's Killer Croc from Arkum Asylum game.
I can't take credit for this mesh I didn't build it .It's from a site call Free 3D models
I am going to rigg it  and see if I cam get it operable in FF.

detourne_me

All around fantastic stuff! It's really neat, seeing your process like that.

hmarrs

Man I got a lucky break I been going around looking for some images to texture the AV Hulk.
Then suddenly I saw this take on Superherohype on Hulk that gave me some great fronatls and some great side and 3 quartershots.
It came at the end of the second part.
Anyway you guys might want to check it out it's pretty cool.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174631-ilm-reveals-how-they-created-the-hulk-for-the-avengers

hmarrs

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Quote from: hmarrs on January 24, 2013, 07:18:18 PM
Here is somthing else I am going to work on.
It's Killer Croc from Arkum Asylum game.
I can't take credit for this mesh I didn't build it .It's from a site call Free 3D models
I am going to rigg it  and see if I cam get it operable in FF.

I can't wait to see the finished product.

Amazo Version 2.2

i am sorry to have missed this thread, are you still working on these?
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

hmarrs

I am so asshamed of myself taking so long I been gone for a while.Just life you know.Also System crash I got to get it all together again and fish sad part was back in April I was about 98 percent done on Hulk and working on an Avenger Ironman.That was about 70 percent done.Plus you do get burnt out you knw.But Im on it.

Outcast

Relax Hmarrs. No need to be ashamed of yourself. You shouldn't pressure yourself so much. Real life should be your number 1 priority.

hmarrs

daglob

If you HAVE to do it, it's more like work than a hobby. Nobody says you have to do this.

Cyber Burn

I agree, I think we've pretty much all have been through a "Burnt Out" phase. Take your time, like Daglob said, most of us do this stuff because we enjoy it, but if you feel that you "Have" to do this, it's just not fun. I'm sorry to hear about your System Crash, I know how much it stinks when you've lost stuff that you've worked hard on. I hope that you're able to retrieve some of what you lost.

hmarrs

Hey guys been really disappointed went looking for this again and its gone lost everything I had I wish I had put it in my yahoo group but I didn't.I lost a bunch of stuff been trying to get myself motivated so I just decided to start over from Scratch.
BUT IT WILL GET DONE!!!

heroidosilencio

Hello, hmarrs.

Your killer crok looks awesome. Have you been having sucess with it?
Can`t wait for it. :)