Terminator Genisys

Started by thalaw2, April 14, 2015, 06:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thalaw2

I'm really excited about this movie after the latest trailer.  I'm fan of the franchise.  Is anyone else looking forward to this? 
革命不会被电视转播

Silver Shocker

I'm looking forward to it too. I've actually been impressed with every trailer.

When I first heard they were making this movie I thought it was going to be stupid and unnecessary (arguably it still is). The dopey subtitle certainly didn't help matters. But every since the trailers started to come out I've found they found a way to make it fresh and interesting by coming up with new angles and I really appreciate that. It reminds me a lot of when I saw the trailer for Rise of the Planet of the Apes. That's a franchise that I never had any real interest in or fondness for before the new ones.

Spoiler
John Connor being a bad guy, and apparently a Terminator himself (or some kind of hybrid) is an insane twist I never thought of. Hopefully it will make some kind of sense/pay off in the actual movie.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

thalaw2

Yes.  This new angle makes the whole series refreshing.  What can be done with the CG is amazing.  This is one of the first reboots I know of that actually is a continuance of the original story. 

Spoiler
In the latest trailer it was really cool to see how they redid scenes from the original movie.  Also, Arnold vs. Arnold probably hasn't been done will since Total Recall.  I was wondering how 60+ years old Arnold would be used and it all acutally make sense now.

I can't wait to see this.  This is the best time travel series...ever!  Yes, better than Back to the Future!
革命不会被电视转播

BentonGrey

I know nothing about the film, but that's an illegal use of a 'y'!  ;)

Ha, I have to say, the title doesn't do much for me.  I can't say that I've been interested in a Terminator movie since 2. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

BWPS

I like T2 but I'm not a huge fan of the series. This trailer really has me interested, it looks really exciting. They could have done without Arnold but I guess if he wants to do the movies, let him.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Silver Shocker

Quote from: BentonGrey on April 15, 2015, 12:18:59 AM
I know nothing about the film, but that's an illegal use of a 'y'!  ;)

Ha, I have to say, the title doesn't do much for me.  I can't say that I've been interested in a Terminator movie since 2.

The only possible reason I have for them spelling it that way (other than poor literacy being "kewl") is because it makes you think of the word "system" thus thinking of Skynet, but if so that's a weaksauce reason right there.

Benton, I think that's perfectly reasonable. The series definitely peaked at T2 (one of the best movies ever made IMO and arguably, along with the first Die Hard, an example of a "perfect movie"). Personally, based on the trailers I think this one has the potential to be the best one since T2 but that isn't saying much since the last two aren't very good.

Spoiler
Amiss all the intriguing plot twist stuff in the new trailer (which many people online say gave away too much of the plot; though many have also pointed out we still don't know exactly what Matt Smith's role is) we also have a tv spot that appears to show a cameo by Earl Boen as Dr. Silberman from the the first three films. Which I think is awesome, because I always loved that he kept showing up, and his cameo was probably one of the better things about the third one. 
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

thalaw2

I too think the 'y' is to make us think about system.  I'm glad they brought back the the T1000.  It looks better than ever.  I'd like to forget about the female terminator from T3.   Although, I think T3 had such a strong story that all the bad parts were not bad to enough to make the movie unwatchable.
革命不会被电视转播