X-MEN: APOCALYPSE

Started by crimsonquill, February 18, 2015, 05:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Cat, I don't think there's any need to apologize.  As Reep said, this is a perfectly valid avenue of discussion, though I do imagine we've just about reached the bottom of the well.

Stumpy, there's a tone to the trailer, including the comment by the woman doing the exposition towards the end, that tends to reinforce the Apocalypse's claim.  Perhaps that's simply me reading into it, but nevertheless, I find even the idea of him being conflated with the Judaeo-Christian God distasteful. 

And Cat is certainly right.  The name itself carries a lot of weight with it for folks of those faiths, even if your reading isn't the same as his.

Nonetheless, it is in character for Apocalypse to say stuff like that.  I just wish they had approached it in a slightly different way.

To broach a new subject, what does everyone think of the visuals?  I'm not quite sure what I think about Archangel's wings.  Also, it just occurred to me, he isn't blue!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Talavar

Quote from: BentonGrey on December 21, 2015, 02:23:32 AM
To broach a new subject, what does everyone think of the visuals?  I'm not quite sure what I think about Archangel's wings.  Also, it just occurred to me, he isn't blue!

I can only assume between Mystique, Beast, and Nightcrawler already present, a fourth blue character would seem like a lot.  Really, why are so many X-men characters blue?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Talavar on December 21, 2015, 04:02:13 AM
I can only assume between Mystique, Beast, and Nightcrawler already present, a fourth blue character would seem like a lot.  Really, why are so many X-men characters blue?
Because it's not easy being green?
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

BentonGrey

I approve of this exchange.  :P

Yeah, a lot of X-Men characters ARE blue.  Weird.  I guess there's something about a blue-skinned person that is visually striking, and Green skin does sort of immediately evoke the Hulk.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

stumpy

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on December 21, 2015, 04:25:23 AM
Quote from: Talavar on December 21, 2015, 04:02:13 AM
Because it's not easy being green?
I would love to see that song done by a few of the jade MU characters. I might even watch an episode of "Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H." to see it!  :lol:
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

HarryTrotter

When I mentioned Thor,I meant the one story where he actually becomes THE God and tries to fix the universe.But its not important now.
The movie is closer to Dark Angel saga then Age of Apocalypse,actually.And its confirmed,Wolverine will have a cameo.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

baley

Quote from: Spade on December 21, 2015, 06:29:18 AM
When I mentioned Thor,I meant the one story where he actually becomes THE God and tries to fix the universe.But its not important now.
The movie is closer to Dark Angel saga then Age of Apocalypse,actually.And its confirmed,Wolverine will have a cameo.

Man --- is it confirmed for a new Wolverine actor yet? I really can't begrudge Hugh Jackman leaving. He's proved his loyalty to the franchise for basically as many films as there are in it, and though he's a perfect fit for Wolverine, he's been featured in just about all of them as a major player. He's done his fair share, without grumbling.

HarryTrotter

Its still Hugh Jackman.But its only a cameo anyway.And we have a Wolverine movie in 2017(possibly Old Man Logan) as the finale to Jackmans Wolverine.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer