What attributes should be specific to each Lantern Corp?

Started by mac402, December 22, 2014, 01:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac402

I've got GL hero files but I don't have much knowledge about wielders of other colors. I haven't read GL comics for a long time. Most recent stuff I know is from the animated series. But with all the great new meshes now around I've started adding more lantern characters and if someone can share some insight on how the mechanics of different rings can be handled it would be cool. My ideas so far (besides what every corp has: energy blasts, shields, constructs, lift objects, fly yadda,yadda...) are:

Green Lanterns - gets energized (synergy attribute) in presence of blue lanterns?
Sinestro Corps - gets energized in presence of panicked characters?
Star Sapphires - don't know, gets energized from hypnotized characters maybe? can they lock enemies inside crystals (crystallize swap)?
Red Lanterns - gets energized in presense of enraged characters?
Blue Lanterns - have some attribute that can be used for green lanterns using HasAttribute() to check
Orange Lanterns - dont know, should have nice summons (avatars) that don't consume EP maybe?
Indigo Tribe - hmm... they are powered by compassion so maybe gets energized by characters with low HP? they can do something with other ring wielders energy IIRC but like I said I haven't read recent comics with them
Black Lanterns - can animate dead?
White Lanterns - can heal?

yell0w_lantern

If you can actually get the Synergy attribute to work properly, Blue should Energize Green and Green should increase Blue's Power or cause an accidental change to a form with additional powers.

It actually can get very complex to play it like the comics.
Green was ineffective on Orange.  Red sapped Green.  Blue was nealry useless without Green nearby.  On and on and on. Each should probably have both a Synergy and a Parasite or Vulnerability.  You can make lists of built-in characters using the Editor. I remember trying to do a classic Sinestro who could Sap Energy from the GLs.  I've ha d alot of trouble getting these kinds of changes to work without breaking the FFX scripting.

RLs should have a swap to Acid Burn.  Summon or just Private Army would be good for the OL.
Yellow Lantern smash!

SickAlice

My questions thread in the Scripting forum (" Lot of FFX questions) was originally dedicated to setting the Emotional Spectrum in game. I think it was concluded that to get everything up to snub some new script would need to be put in FFX to say the least of it. Most of what you laid out sounds fine really.Myself I just made energy scultpers then either varied their attributes and/or always included specific effects in their attacks (SC cause panic, so on). If your not versed in detail on the GL world and scripting you'd be pressed to go further, for myself the latter. I listed my conclusions over there though and won't rehash them. Except Blues should have a way to heal Red's, I don't remember listing that one. I translated this that Blue's would power null Red's or something. Also a way to have a Sapphire " tether " themselves to another choice character.