News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Freedom Force Absentee...

Started by cmdrkoenig67, April 30, 2015, 03:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmdrkoenig67

Hi Freedom force Lovers, 

I'm writing this not for sympathy, but to explain my rather long absence from the community.  I've popped in from time to time, but I've not been very active the past few years in Freedom Force mapping, skoping, modding, etc...

I lost my partner of 13 years in late 2013 (heart failure), I also suffer from depression and anxiety, as well as a painful and degenerative spinal issue.  However, I'm currently back at working on my mods, Skoped meshes/skins, voicepacks...I may even get a few maps out in the coming months.

I love the freedom Force game and this community.

Best,

Dana

spydermann93

I'm so sorry for your loss, Dana.  I know what it's like to have lost a loved one AND suffer from depression and anxiety (runs in my family), so I can definitely sympathize with you.  I'm glad to see you pushing through and not giving in (completely) to your demons.

We are really glad to have you back, Dana.  I can't wait to see what you come up with. I have always been a fan of your maps and your skopes.

deanjo2000

I'm sorry to hear about your loss and health issues. This community has always been a safe haven for me and it's a place I can escape to when real life is a struggle. It's great to hear from you and your return. You've always got us here for anything.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

John Jr.

I'm sad to hear it, Dana.
You know you have our best wishes and, please, let me know if I can help anyway.

laughing paradox

I'm so sorry about your loss, Dana, as well as your health issues. I'm wishing you the best and glad to see you make more of a return!

Epimethee

You have my sympathies for your loss and health issues. I wish the joy you've given this community through the years comes around and help subdue your pain. This is indeed a lovely place, in no small part thanks to you.

Glad to have you back, Dana.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

crimsonquill

Sorry for your loss Dana. I'm glad you are feeling better and back to the community.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

cmdrkoenig67

Thank you, Freedom Force Fans...I'm glad to be back. :D

Dana

JeyNyce

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on May 04, 2015, 04:24:58 PM
Thank you, Freedom Force Fans...I'm glad to be back. :D

Dana

You know that you were never really gone.  You are like Game of Thrones , Walking Dead or any other popular TV show, you're here, everybody loves you and then you're gone for about a year and everybody talks about how they can't wait until you come back.   :thumbup:
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

SickAlice

Glad your back in the the game. I'll keep my eyes peeled for whatever you treat us to.

Amazo Version 2.2

really sorry to hear about your loss cmdrkoenig67. i can't imagine what you're going through, but know that the whole community is here to support you. i'm glad to hear that you're continuing your modding work for  :ff:.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Previsionary

Oh, Dana Dane, so sorry to hear about this. Hope your venture back into FF goes well.
Disappear when you least expe--

mac402

I've always been a fan of your work. I'm really sorry to hear of your loss, but I'm glad that you're not abandoning FF modding.

BentonGrey

Dana my friend, I'm so sorry for your struggles and your losses.  You're always in my prayers.  I'm very happy to see you back on the boards!  I'm hoping I'll have some time to myself next week, after I finish grading.  Drop me a line then as a reminder, and I'll see if I can't test your mod for you.

Your work has always been incredible, my friend, and it would be awesome to see more of it.  Still, the highlight is that you're still with us.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/