News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

INK teen to adult

Started by SickAlice, November 23, 2014, 12:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

INK teen to adult

I feel I've singled out the process and knowing this is a problem encountered often I thought I'd share a good and simple method here for anyone that ends up needing it.

INK like most meshers has varied types. Commonplace are the INK female (female_bald) whom is of adult portions and the INK female teen, a smaller version of the former which also has different muscle (poly) dimensions. Sometimes you want animations from one of the adults or for your teen or maybe an outright teen version of the adult character. So you skope that teen mesh into the adult nif and...okay she ends up growing and looks a little weird since the girth isn't a match. Easy enough just put the keyframes for the adult mesh in the teen folder and...nope, same problem there. So here is the method of how to resolve that:

- This applies to either copying the teen body into an already adult body nif, using adult ready keys for the teen nif and/or size differences caused by skoping nodes from an adult nif into a teen one.

Starting with the new nif either you have:
a.) put the keyframes from the adult female into the teen females folder or
b.) skoped the teen body into the adult nif (note: copy the whole teen node into the Scene Root, usually named " female_teen_whatever " rather than just the Editable mesh)

1.) Now open up male_basic_effects in Nifskope. Copy the handle. Paste the handle into the nif your working on.
2.) Click on your new handle. View the Block Details and open up the branch that's named Children.
3.) You'll see a numbered Biped there. Change it to the number for the Biped01 that was originally in the nif you copied this handle too. Usually it's a low number like 3.
4.) You'll now see the extra biped system spit out at the end of the nif. Right click on that > Block > Remove Branch (Ctrl+Del)
5.) Right click on the handle > Transform > Edit. Change the Scale value to 0.95.
6.) Save your new character.nif

With the new scaling applied the proportioned teen mesh will crunch perfectly into place and match up with what it previously looked like. Go ahead and have her hang out next to an unaltered INK teen in game and you'll see what I mean (bogarts your candy while your off doing that).

Cyber Burn

Wait a minute...I know I'm not a very Tech savvy individual, but am I reading this right? You're using a "Male_Basic" Handle to fix the stretching issues with Ink's Female Meshes?

That is just cool.

SickAlice

The handle is part it but the whole process is stepping the mesh back into it's original shape. I mainly use that handle (male_basic_effects) and for anything else that needs one because it's guaranteed to be clean/tamper free. I forgot to mention chances are the effect won't be noticeable in CTool but will be in effect in game.