News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

All created FXs gone

Started by AnarchistsXe, September 18, 2014, 12:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnarchistsXe

So I had to reformat my computer. I moved my whole install of  :ffvstr: to an external drive. Loaded it up after, no problem. Problem is however it seems all my FXs I created are gone! Any thoughts on this? Also, can't seem to get the fx editor to work anymore. Anything specific I have to do for this?

Cyber Burn

When you say that "all my FXs I created are gone", do you mean that the Nif files and tga/dds files are gone? Or do you mean that your Dat files have been emptied? And are these FX from around the Community, or are these FX that you personally made?

AnarchistsXe

All the ones I actually put together and saved. Dat files emptied. Sucks. Alls I got is the basics and EZFX. If anyone had just a HUGE amount of FXs and could share like a rar file with all of them and a dat file to import, that'd be awesome. I can't evne get FFedit to work anymore either. It just doesn't show my FXs at all, so I need some help needless to say

Cyber Burn

Well, in addition to EZFX, there's PFX 1.2 (http://frp.unlimited2.net/fx/).

And I know Alex is working on a new version of EZFX, which I'm betting will be a MASSIVE collection of FX's.

AnarchistsXe

Can't wait for that. I've got some weird ones like all my Havoc FXs are gone. My sportsmaster ones. Is there an easy way someone with a  huge collection could send them and I could easily import them without having to do it individually?

Cyber Burn

Quote from: AnarchistsXe on September 18, 2014, 01:47:56 PM
Can't wait for that. I've got some weird ones like all my Havoc FXs are gone. My sportsmaster ones. Is there an easy way someone with a  huge collection could send them and I could easily import them without having to do it individually?

If you can't get what you need before this weekend, I'll see what I can do to help you out.

In regards to your FFEdit not working, when you re-uploaded your files after re-formatting your Computer, was it a "Copy/Paste" type thing, or did you do a complete re-install? If you did a "Copy/Paste" type thing, you may need to do a complete re-install to get everything working right.

But I would highly suggest backing everything up first.

hoss20

Quote from: Cyber Burn on September 18, 2014, 07:52:50 PM
Quote from: AnarchistsXe on September 18, 2014, 01:47:56 PM

If you can't get what you need before this weekend, I'll see what I can do to help you out.

In regards to your FFEdit not working, when you re-uploaded your files after re-formatting your Computer, was it a "Copy/Paste" type thing, or did you do a complete re-install? If you did a "Copy/Paste" type thing, you may need to do a complete re-install to get everything working right.

But I would highly suggest backing everything up first.

The fact that you can't see your FX in FFEdit means that they aren't in the Dat file. Whether you did a reinstall of the game or are going to now, you would need to merge the Dat files from your customized version to Dat files in the new install in order for them to show up in FFEdit and in-game. I would make a point to merge Dat files for anything that you may have customized (Attributes, FX, Sound, etc.). On the safe side, it wouldn't hurt to merge all of the Dats.

On another note, did you put your customized FX in the FFX folder or another mod? If so, make sure that FFEdit directory is pointing to the directory you want to use for your game in the Primary Data Path.

AnarchistsXe

I did  a copy paste because my install CD is long since destroyed. Cyber, shoot me an email when you have a second and we'll see what we can do

Cyber Burn

Quote from: AnarchistsXe on September 19, 2014, 03:41:53 AM
I did  a copy paste because my install CD is long since destroyed. Cyber, shoot me an email when you have a second and we'll see what we can do

Without your Disk, are you able to run the game?

AnarchistsXe

AnarchistsXe

So I guess most of my missing FXs are ones that I had created after DLing from FXforce. All the EZFX and PFX are still downloaded. So I guess my question is this, is there a way to share dat files and such that I could import it into mine and all my FXs will work again? Thanks