What do you think of Scorn's design?

5 - Love it!
4 - Like it
3 - Meh, no strong feelings
2 - Dislike it
1 - Hate it!

Podmark

Costume Rating returns!

I'm very sorry for the hiatus. You may have heard that my desktop was broken for the past several weeks and it took with it my reference pics, list of characters, and motivation to keep up with these polls. Just couldn't seem to build up the energy to do them. Once again sorry, but we're good to go now, so 3 new ones this week, and next weekend I plan to finish off the Symbiote series so we'll be on to Flash before the new show.

So lets get started. First we have Tanis Nieves, aka Scorn:

Tanis lost her arm and gained a bionic replacement, and soon after became host to a spawn of the Carange symbiote. She serves as a hero with a grudge against Carnage. Her robotic arm is used for various weapons, making her a hi tech-symbiote character. She's appeared in 2 story lines to my knowledge.

So what do you think?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Quite interesting. Althought the symbiote section is rather plain. Needs those classic symbiote eyes and teeth, but in a subtle way. 3 for me.

bat1987

I guess it's ok, not much to say about it. She's unique among simbiotes though.

Glitch Girl

it comes off as bland to me too.  Don't love it, don't hate it.  It just needs SOMETHING.  Maybe darken and thicken (and make more angular) the black coming off her arm into the purple for more contrast.  Right now it sort of blends together too much.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Podmark

I debated between a 2 or 3. It's a very plain design, but some interesting things can be done with the arm. Ultimately I came down with a Meh/3. It just needs a little something else.

Interesting idea for a new symbiote but it seems likely she'll stick to obscurity. This is a pretty common issue with DC and Marvel comics, where a new character is introduced in mini-series or short series and good or bad they barely appear again because no other book or writer picks up their story. Disappointing sometimes.

Murs, I could see adding the symbiote eyes but not the teeth. One thing I like about the design is it looks more clinical, less like a monster than the rest of the symbiotes, and not displaying the teeth is a big part of that. It also makes her appear more serious, like she's the lone adult of the symbiotes.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Tomato

3. There's nothing inherently wrong here, but it's just kinda boring too. It needs something more, like a logo or something. It's a good idea, just... nothing really spectacular.

Also, pod? That thing we discussed? Get on it already  :angry: .

Podmark

Quote from: Tomato on September 06, 2014, 05:29:09 PM
3. There's nothing inherently wrong here, but it's just kinda boring too. It needs something more, like a logo or something. It's a good idea, just... nothing really spectacular.

Also, pod? That thing we discussed? Get on it already  :angry: .

This weekend my friend. This weekend.
(Maybe today :unsure:)
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page