Is there a easy way to tell which version of the game a mesh is for?

Started by Fronkenhonk, September 16, 2014, 09:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fronkenhonk

What i´ve always done is startup  :ffvstr: , and if it crashes when i go to the mesh i use nifconverter. But i figure there might be an easier way to see it. Since im about to add alot of new meshes to my game.

So is there? Thanks in advance.

Fronkenhonk

hoss20

I would suggest using Character Tool2. If you don't already have it, you can find it here: http://www.freedomfans.com/modforce/

You will download a file called ModTools which contains the Character Tool (for viewing meshes and skins), FFEdit (used for making customizations to the game itself), and NifViewer ( a tool not used by too many of us, but enables viewing the more technical aspects of a mesh and it's keyframes; more useful for meshers).

I think we long time users always assume that everyone has all of the extras installed because we use them so much. Let us know if you have any problems installing this stuff. I know that there are some issues with installation of these tools if you have the Steam version, for example.

Fronkenhonk

Thank you good sir for your help and time. That really helps. This comunity has always been really helpfull and friendly.

Fronkenhonk

hoss20