Snyder defends Aquaman

Started by abenavides, August 08, 2014, 08:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

MJB

I've read the first trade of the New 52 Aquaman. I'm not saying the character was a joke before but he is definitely not a joke in the new series.

SickAlice

Dead horse kicked anyways as far as I'm concerned. Aquaman was never uncool or at least no more silly than any other mainstream hero would be at whatever era in question. Many comic characters like Flash, Superman, Captain America and Cyclops for example got the bum rap once the grim and gritty era was in full swing on the notion that were boyscouts and it just took a little longer to bring them up to speed in a way that wouldn't look forced or wacky. Else beforehand he was as victim of the Superfriends era as any other and to be honest at least that helped get his name out there. Flash got the same rap powerwise for being the " guy that runs ". More I see it as bully fodder. Bullies are professional antagonists and sadly the comic community as a whole has never been without it's persons trying to put down something another enjoys in order to make themselves feel taller. Aquaman happens to be easy pickings, whereas a bully or heckler knows how to identify both an easy target and a weak spot that will inflame a person with little effort. Pretty much the same way a bully picks on someone for reading comics, or enjoying Star Trek, or My Little Pony or what have you. It only speaks for their own shallowness and lack of creativity at the end of the day. Yeah, just a dead horse and people need to move on. Just because something isn't ones preference doesn't make it wrong, especially when there's a large amount of people that appreciated it.

GhostMachine

He'd make a better Namor than Aquaman. And I'm talking character's personality, not physical features.

murs47

QuoteThe director pointed out that Aquaman is actually quite capable, and has a trident that can "cut the flesh of Superman if they came in contact ... he's super strong."

Convincing argument is convincing.

lugaru

The deal with aquaman is that people have heard the joke before they have met the character. It is as though everyone on the internet said "what's spider-man's ability? getting squashed?" and that idea went viral.