News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sticky Strands

Started by BentonGrey, August 07, 2014, 08:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, I'm seeing an odd visual bug on some meshes, and I was hoping someone could tell me how to fix them.  I'm using some of DM's skopes, his Spidey, Lizard, and Daredevil ones to be exact, and they're various cords/webs/tongues are staying visible most of the time, even when not in use.  Sometimes they'll disappear, usually after an animation that used the cords.  Is anyone else seeing something like this?  How can I fix the problem?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

Quote from: BentonGrey on August 07, 2014, 08:55:52 PM
Howdy guys, I'm seeing an odd visual bug on some meshes, and I was hoping someone could tell me how to fix them.  I'm using some of DM's skopes, his Spidey, Lizard, and Daredevil ones to be exact, and they're various cords/webs/tongues are staying visible most of the time, even when not in use.  Sometimes they'll disappear, usually after an animation that used the cords.  Is anyone else seeing something like this?  How can I fix the problem?

Yeah, those same lines appear on AA's Spider-Man meshes.  I don't know how to get rid of them, though I'm guessing there's something up with the keyframes where the lines weren't modified to be hidden during certain animations.

detourne_me

All the time? Even in game?   During character creation they might be there, because the game loads up melee_idle without the idle animation. But the cords should disappear when the idle animation plays.

I could take another look at them later, but that sounds odd that they aren't disappearing

BentonGrey

'Fraid so, DM.  They'll disappear occasionally, as I said, but for the most part they're there through any given mission.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

I created the same issue myself (Urich). I found the solution is to make sure there's information for said piece in every single keyframe. I know there's an idea that only certain animations need to have that info but I found it untrue. 1.) Game engine doesn't always resolve to a specific animation at the end of another depending on what actions are chosen 2.) game engine often blends the end of an animation with the start of another as opposed to waiting for one to end completely, thus screwing up the key info that tells it to shrink out of view. It's a boring and time consuming task (doing it with a mesh right now actually) but worth it to cover all bases.

detourne_me

Is anybody else having this problem? I just went through my spidey and daredevil skopes in game, and this hasn't happened.
I uploaded a new version of spider-man, and I'll update the daredevil keyframes too.

SickAlice

Yeah, Spider-man here. I don't have your DD. It happens in game with the guns on your Agent Venom and Ant-man. Venom's cords are fine though. Thanks for taking the time to patch these for everyone.