News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

FFxedit2 Issue

Started by Anecdote, July 31, 2014, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anecdote

Hi guys, one of my friends was messing around and hit the 'Clean Options', now everything is blank for my Customforce2... Is there any way to resolve this? I've tried countless re-installs and the options remain blank. I'm not the smartest circuit in the hub, I hope someone can help. Thanks, and sorry if this has been covered already.

spydermann93

What exactly do you mean by "Clean Options"?

Also, which Operating System are you using?

Anecdote

I'm using Windows 7 and the 'Clean Options' button is right under 'Save Game Synch'. I was trying to upload a pic and realized embarrassingly that I don't know how to do that either.

spydermann93

Huh, I can't seem to find those buttons.  Are you using the Steam, Good Old Games, or disc version of the game?

And was CustomForce2 a mod that you installed or is it a custom mod?  It sounds like a mod that was hosted around here, somewhere.  Unfortunately, other than a System Restore, it sounds like the only way you can get your stuff back is if you have backups somewhere.

hoss20

I don't know if this will help or not, but here is the description of what the buttons do in FFX Edit2/FFX Control Centre (from the FFX Manual):
Import File/Export File: Import/Export the current hero's customisation info to a file; this is useful for distributing hero files with their FFX customisation, for example.
Import File/Export All: Import/Export all heroes' customisations.
Save: Saves your current heroe's customisation to ffxcustom.py.
Save Game Synch: For Patriot City-type "Freeroam" Mods only: Switching between characters and loading a save game that takes place on a different map from the one you last played, might cause the game to crash. This allows you to fix the save game to prevent the crash. Usually, the FreeRoam system will simply display a message and ask you to load the save game again. Some combinations of maps however cause the game to crash (Possibly if you last played a small map and try to load a save game set on a larger map, like cityblock5 where the Freedom Fortress is located). Anyway, if this happens:
   ◾Start up FFX Control Centre
   ◾Select patcity as the mod in the Data Folder drop list
   ◾Press the Save Game Synch button, and choose the save game you were trying to load.
   ◾A message will apear like Map 'cityblock4' has been synched for the 'patcity' mod
   ◾Start up FFvTTR again and load the save game. It should all work now.

Clean Options:  For Patriot City-type "Freeroam" Mods only: The game crashes trying to go to the Rumble Room. This is due to the campaign data which determines which campaign levels are available in the Rumble Room being shared between all mods. To fix this, press the Clean Options button on the Control Center – this will rename the options file. You'll lose video and audio settings, but will be able to use the Rumble Room in Patriot City. Note: This might not be needed anymore if you have FFX 3.2 installed, as the startup plugin Python Path Priority Fix might solve that issue. (Unconfirmed.)

Anecdote

Well thanks guys, I tried the system restore, but it didn't work either. The info of the button tells me it may have been something else that blanked out the spaces. I'll just delete everything and start from there.

Thanks Again.