News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The League and the Syndicate

Started by Tomato, June 18, 2014, 09:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

So I'm in the middle of some rather extensive remodelling on my figure shelf, which has allowed me to move my Justice League shelf down to the shelf I originally made for the Batman villains, and combine it with the CSA collection. Since the shelf was made rather large to accommodate a rather hefty supply of villains (just above 5' 5" wide) even with both collections I've got a bit of space to spare. The plan is, eventually, to have the JLA and CSA collections mirror one another, so any character on the JLA side will appear on the CSA side and vice versa.

As I said in the earlier CSA thread, this is still a loooooong way out (the whole reason I moved the league was because I'm replacing much of my Marvel stuff) and even when I get back to the JLA/CSA shelf my focus is going to be on filling out the collection first before I start adding in additional characters. But that said... it looks like I have space for at least 2, possibly 4 more characters for both collections, and I figured I'd start discussing that now, before my mind starts getting set in stone on what I want.

That said, there is one leaguer that's definitely getting added in... Hawkgirl. Lets face it, with the inclusion of the JLU figures, it was only a matter of time. Beyond that... yeah, I'm not really partial to anyone, so go nuts with the discussion. I'm mainly focused on choosing one additional character for right now, but you're all welcome to give multiple options if you'd like. And for anyone who is wondering about my team right now:

Spoiler
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern
Aquaman
Martian Manhunter
Green Arrow
Cyborg

Cyber Burn

The two I would suggest are Firestorm and the Atom.

BentonGrey

Go for the classic Leaguers, the definitive expanded League, 'Mato:

Green Arrow
Hawkman
Hawkgirl
Atom
Elongated Man
Zatanna
Firestorm

-listed in order of importance and date of membership
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

Well Benton, Green Arrow is already on my shelf, and I'm already planning on Hawkgirl, but addressing the others in order:

Hawkman-I'm hesitant to include Hawkman for a few reasons: first, I'm already afraid of how much space Hawkgirl is going to end up taking. Second, I've always found Kendra far more interesting than Carter, havng read much of the 1999 JSA run, the Robinson Earth 2 series, and JLU. With limited shelf space, if I've gotta have one... I'm going with Hawkwoman.

Atom- I'm leaning toward Atom right now, I'm not gonna lie... Between my fondness for the character, his importantance to the League, and the inclusion of Atomica in the new 52's CSA (and yes, I enjoyed Forever Evil, despite not liking the rest of the new52) as another female character... plus, I could potentially get Choi in there somehow.

Elongated Man- Hrm. I like Elongated Man, but mainly as a part of the old JLI league alongside Blue Beetle and Booster Gold. Plus, as I stated, this is a JLA/CSA collection: I don't have a CSA counterpart, or even a Justice Lords variation to work with.

Zatanna- I'm already giving Zatanna some love on my Young Justice shelf, and I'd rather give some love to someone I don't already have. Plus, like with Elongated Man and Hawkman, there's no counterpart for Zatanna on the other side of the mirror.

Firestorm- I'm leaning toward Firestorm right after Atom, honestly. Between Deathstorm being in the N52 CSA, the fact that Firestorm has some variation in terms of costume, he's a close runner up to Atom.

BentonGrey

I can't say I can argue with your logic or your choices, 'Mato.  I do think it's a crying shame to have Shiera without Katar (there are no other Hawk people for me!  ;) ), but I understand your point.  Hey, on a related note, have you ever read Hawkman Vol. 2 / Shadow War of Hawkman?  It's short, but really quite good.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

The sad thing about the whole situation is, I actually have an Elongated Man figure sitting in my closet right now. Most of my unused figures go to my adopted brother, but I set Elongated man aside for the shelf in case I ever did an expanded League/JLI team. *whistles wistfully*

That said, I want to look into moving the shelf barriers around... the reason I can expand the JLA shelf in the first place is because I moved it to the space the Batman villains used to take up. But because that shelf was designed for both the Batman family and the villains, the shelf is divided kinda funky... if I can move it between the two groups (or even just move it over a few inches) it gives more space to expand both teams. Again, my focus would only be to complete who I have, but it gives me breathing room to add more in later, if I want.

Visual example of wtf I'm referring to:
Spoiler

bat1987

We totally need a collection showcase thread. I'd need to fix my camera before I post anything but regardless would like to see what people have.

Tomato

... Dude, if people are interested in making that happen, I am totally down with making that happen. *goes off to make a thread in the Titans board*