News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Trouble making an FX

Started by detourne_me, July 08, 2014, 05:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

Hello everyone,  I've had some weird troubles making FX lately.
I just wanted to skope on Monn Knight's crescent into an existing Batarang .nif,  everything looks good in NifSkope,  but in game the projectile doesn't appear at all!  even the end.nif fx wont play... however damage is still registered when i use the attack.  any ideas?

laughing paradox

I've redone classic Moon Knight and didn't get to release him (He's not completed, have to skin his hood and fix his belt), but I'd love to compare your crescent FX with the one I have (thanks to Hoss20!)

If you want to email it to me, feel free to do so. I'll see if I can get it working.

Cyber Burn

I'm going to assume that your "Moon Knight" Skope is for FFvt3R.

1. The batarang may have been an FF1 Nif, so if you Skoped a piece from a FFvt3R Nif onto it, that may be one possible problem.

2. Double check the names of your TGA/DDS Files. Make sure that your FX have the names input correctly (One of my regular mistakes).

3. I am currently having issues with End Nifs working correctly, if this is an FX for FFvt3R, then I would suggest using a 3R End Nif for your FX.

detourne_me

I think you guys may be onto something about the different versions.  I've even tried converting it to no avail.
LP, you've got a Moon Knight in the works too? Awesome!
If you would like to take a look at what I'm doing wrong, I've uploaded it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vjun2b9pl1gpsk5/Moon_Knight_Crescent.zip
The end nif is from Shurale's meaty fist,  but even that doesn't show up.

Cyber Burn

I'll have to wait to get home to download this. Until then though:

1. Did you pull the Crescent off of your "Moon Knight" Skope to make this FX?

2. Was your Skope already converted for FFvt3R?

3. Which Batarang were you using as your Base?

4. And what are the settings you have for the FX in your DAT File?

Cyber Burn

Sorry for the double post, but I was thinking about this and wanted to post before I forgot.

There are some FX, most are for FFvt3R I think, that only show up if you have a low view of the Map.

For example: Red_Sun's Shuriken FX cannot be seen if you are looking down at the Map, but if you are viewing the game from a lower vantage point, then you should be able to see it. The FX shows up fine in NifSkope, but not in game.