Ultimate Spiderman(the animated series)

Started by HarryTrotter, May 25, 2014, 04:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trebean

Decided to pop in again for Season 3, yeah.
They made Scarlet Spider into a throwaway gag for Flash helping Spider-Man, ugh. Ruined Carnage and Venom IMO,  so yeah. I'll probably just pop back in just for the Miles Episode, It feels hypocritical since I'm like, a huge fan of the Teen Titans Series which took LOTS of liberties (Dropped Donna, which I think had to do with a Wonder Woman Embargo Jericho, and a bit minor, but they held off Kid Flash which doesn't really matter since other than the Trigon Arc and his "romance" with Raven, he doesn't do much in the Perez' and Wolman run plus they handled the Trigon Saga very well) they pretty much aged down and modernized Jinx, Mammoth, and Gizmo, plus they dropped Shimmer in favor of original creations like Billy Numerous, then there's Aqualad, the Titans East, Blackfire, Terra, and I'd say Slade plus the overall more modern hip tone change.

Don't get me wrong, I find Ultimate Spidey better than Avengers Assemble, and that joke of a series Hulk Agents of SMASH, but in the end, it feels like they're just running it for the toy revenue, because compared to Spectacular, this show has frequent guest stars, and I mean FREQUENT. In the end I think it's trying to be Batman Brave and the Bold but just lacks that oomph, by oomph, meaning memorable engaging characters.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: bat1987 on August 26, 2014, 01:41:37 PM
Miles has been cast!
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55086

I really like Donald Glover, he might sound a tad bit older here, but its cool nonetheless. And the scene in that link plays out very close to its comic book counterpart in Spider-Men. Just fantastic seeing and hearing Miles like that.

I just watched the trailer, this might be interesting, I'll have to check it out.

Does anyone know when exactly this airs (California Time)?

Cyber Burn

And yes, I know that the end of the article displays this:

"Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors" premieres Sunday at 9 a.m. ET/PT on Disney XD.

But that is not what is shown as being scheduled for this morning.

HarryTrotter

Season 3 has Thunderbolts.With the lineup of The Goblin,Taskmaster,Cloak and Dagger,Vulture and Kraven.Wait,what? :huh:
How the heck is that even similar to Thunderbolts?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

spydermann93

Quote from: Spade on February 01, 2015, 09:20:37 AM
Season 3 has Thunderbolts.With the lineup of The Goblin,Taskmaster,Cloak and Dagger,Vulture and Kraven.Wait,what? :huh:
How the heck is that even similar to Thunderbolts?

It has the Goblin in it! :P

HarryTrotter

Okey,Norman Osborn is involved.Other than that its just using the name.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer