News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Costume Rating 21: Robin Young Justice

Started by Podmark, May 30, 2014, 02:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Grayson's Robin costume from Young Justice?

5 - Love it!
4 - Like it
3 - Meh, no strong feeling
2 - Dislike it
1 - Hate it!

Podmark

Just when you thought it was over, they pull you right back in. Dick Grayson goes into overtime as we rate his Young Justice Robin costume.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

4: This is good, an okay adaptation of my favorite costume, but it suffers from the lack of green and the weird little panels of red below his belt.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Tomato

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 31, 2014, 03:02:45 PM
...and the weird little panels of red below his belt.

You mean the homage to the tunic of both the original Robin design AND the Red Robin costume? That's actually one of my favorite elements, because it calls back to the classic Dick Grayson costume without being silly about it. Anyway...

4. I'm not quite ready to give it a five (Like Benton, I miss my green) but this design works for me. This costume is clearly unique to Dick Grayson, and there are enough elements of the classic look in it (the tunic segments, the way the shoes are designed) that it clearly IS a Dick Grayson costume, and not a Dick in Tim's clothes (which this could easily have been with the red/black color scheme).

BentonGrey

I know what they're supposed to be, 'Mato my friend, but I don't think they really work.  I understand it's probably just a matter of streamlining the design for animation, but I still don't think it is quite right.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

I went with a 4. This is probably my favorite Robin costume. It's clean, streamlined, and functional. It just works on all levels. As for the missing Green, it really doesn't bother me.

bat1987

Went with 4. Really cool look, reminds a lot of Tim's OYL costume which is one of my favorite robin suits.

Podmark

I was really tempted to give this a 5, but little things pulled it back to a 4.
It's a great design. Love the colour set, cape, belt, gloves, mask, torso, and that little smirk. YJ Dick had a great personality.
The draw back for me are the boots and the red panels on the legs. The boots look out of place to me, and the little band looks off. The legs do need some red but I don't like them as is, maybe they needed to be longer...or shorter...or strips...or something. I just don't love them.

Anyway great design, and black is a fine replacement for the green.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page