Just making sure: Possession doesn't work in M25 Watch Mode, does it?

Started by ElijahSnowFan, March 16, 2014, 01:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElijahSnowFan

I can make a character like Jericho possess a character when I am controlling him manually, but does that power work if the character is AI-controlled? If there is a line or lines of coding that needs to be added to FFX Custom, I can do that, but will that work?

(Or, better yet: If someone has some sample coding that I could steal, even better...) :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for any help, in advance -- this game is still fun, all these years later!

Epimethee

As far as I can tell from my very limited knowledge of the M25 modules, the hooks for using possession are implemented, but there is no attached behaviour: The AI recognizes the power, but can't do anything with it. Purely a shot in the dark, but you might try to edit m25aigeneratedata.py (back up first) to replace the line
'PT_SPECIAL_POSSESSION': [],
with
'PT_SPECIAL_POSSESSION': ["CreateTactic(char,power,'TPossession')","GetEnergyWeight(power)"],
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

ElijahSnowFan

Quote from: Epimethee on March 16, 2014, 09:45:57 PM
As far as I can tell from my very limited knowledge of the M25 modules, the hooks for using possession are implemented, but there is no attached behaviour: The AI recognizes the power, but can't do anything with it. Purely a shot in the dark, but you might try to edit m25aigeneratedata.py (back up first) to replace the line
'PT_SPECIAL_POSSESSION': [],
with
'PT_SPECIAL_POSSESSION': ["CreateTactic(char,power,'TPossession')","GetEnergyWeight(power)"],

Thanks for the response!

I'll give it a shot, see what happens, report back!

ElijahSnowFan

Hello!

I have begun testing this, and so far, it does not work as a Direct attack. But never fear: I haven't given up yet. The game can be funny sometimes, as everyone knows. I'm the patient sort, so I'm going to try it as a Ranged attack, Projectile attack and Melee attack before I draw any final conclusions.

Again: Thanks for the help and line of coding; I will report back, as I go through these!