News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Can some power damages be adjusted?

Started by El1jahSnowFan, November 23, 2014, 07:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El1jahSnowFan

Hi, all!

In my semiannual visit to this most-awesome forum, I tend to ask very basic questions so forgive me if this is just too basic for words. I also did a search for some keywords, and came up empty, so I promise, I did look before asking this question, which is this:

There are two power attributes that I would like to increase their damage value some: Speeding Bullet and Living Laser. Is that possible? I'm not totally code-stupid, as far as the game goes, so if someone pointed me to a python file I could mess around it, but I'm not exactly certain what I would be looking for.

Does anyone know if it can even be done?

Thanks, in advance, for any/all answers or assistance.

stumpy

Speeding bullet is a hard-coded power and I don't think there is an easy way to customize its damage for a given character.

Living laser is an FFX attribute. When it is used, a beam power is fired at the target and you can customize which beam power is used. You should be able to make that beam power pretty much whatever you want either by choosing another extant beam power directly in the FFX Control Centre when you customize the toon who has the Living Laser attribute or by creating a new beam power under the Powers tab in FFEdit. Then use the FFX Control Centre to customize the Living Laser attribute for your toon and have him use the beam power you have created.

There should be some notes on this in the FFX Manual and you can also get an idea of what's going on by looking in the FFX Control Centre at entries for characters who already have a customized Living Laser attribute, like Doc Sensation.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

El1jahSnowFan

Quote from: stumpy on November 23, 2014, 10:58:15 PM
Speeding bullet is a hard-coded power and I don't think there is an easy way to customize its damage for a given character.

Living laser is an FFX attribute. When it is used, a beam power is fired at the target and you can customize which beam power is used. You should be able to make that beam power pretty much whatever you want either by choosing another beam power directly in the FFX Control Center when you customize the toon who has the Living Laser attribute or by creating a new beam power under the Powers tab in FFEdit. Then use the FFX Control Centre to customize the Living Laser attribute for your toon and have him use the beam power you have created.

There should be some notes on this in the FFX Manual and you can also get an idea of what's going on by looking in the FFX Control Center at entries for characters who already have a customized Living Laser attribute, like Doc Sensation.

Thanks so much! I'll start poking around with that Living Laser info!

El1jahSnowFan

I totally found what you said to look for, Stumpy -- gonna field test it after dinner!

Again, thanks so much! :thumbup:

hoss20

Regarding Speeding Bullet, one thing you can do is to create a custom power in FFEdit. I wanted my Rhino and Bulldozer to have a longer than melee range charge power. So, I copied Speeding Bullet in FFEdit and customized the settings (Magnitude, Knockback, etc.) and named the power (Rhino Charge and Bulldozer Charge, respectively). I hadn't had a chance to check if it worked or not, so I just tested it out in the Rumble Room and it works. My Flash, who has a standard Speeding Bullet attack did 4 points of damage, while my Rhino (with a magnitude of Very High) was averaging 15. Because anything other than melee attacks don't add a Strength modifier to damage, it looks like I'll have to up the Rhino Charge to Extreme as his Melee attacks were still doing more damage, so keep that in mind also.

El1jahSnowFan

Have field-tested it, and holy cow, what Stumpy said works like a charm. It couldn't have worked better, and, as always, I appreciate the help/tips. I had totally forgotten about FFEdit, to be honest. That's one powerful tool -- I need to get better at working with that.

Hoss: I can/will try that! Thanks -- that is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish with Speeding Bullet, and Rhino is totally one of the characters that has been nagging me for years. Thanks for taking the time!