News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Stuff I've Been Working On: Base Skins 2/26/15

Started by hoss20, June 14, 2012, 03:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

Hey wow, synchronicity! - I was starting work on a base skin of my own for other projects and was hoping to find pointers.
I'd be interested in yours for FF use, hoss20, but also very curious about how you went about making a new one from scratch. (please email or PM me on that?)
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

hoss20

I think I was able to get what I was looking for. I was able to adds some contrast by darkening the shadows and midtones and adding some more highlights while still being able to maintain the same base color. Since the original pic is on the other page, I figured I should show both for reference:

Original                                                                                                   Update

I'm actually pretty happy with how it turned out, but still very open to suggestions.

abenavides

Nice job! The added contrast does make it look better.

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

AfghanAnt

Cyber Burn

That is nicely done Hoss. I'm always impressed when someone creates a base, I don't think I could ever create my own.

spydermann93

daglob

laughing paradox

You've been a busy base skinner!

That's looking very nice!

John Jr.

We ALWAYS need more good bases, and yours is very good. I really liked the colors, looks more realistic than the in-game skins.
Great work!

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

hoss20

I've been really bogged down with life and a very special project I've been working on, but I figured I should at least release the little bit of work that I have been able to complete. I made some slight adjustments on the previous skin I showed. Here are my finalized base skins for male black and white heroes. They are available in my Yahoo group for now in the Skins section. I hope somebody can get some use out them, even if just for variety's sake.

laughing paradox

Cyber Burn

Very cool Hoss, I just downloaded these, and I definitely like what I see. I may have to start Skinning again, just so I can try these out.

abenavides

www.alexff.com